Beautiful photos

Aren’t these pictures gorgeous?
They were taken by a new friend of mine, Amy Hackworth.
I love this one looking down at the tops of the old spools.
The one with the star is my favorite.
Amy sells these photographs as art prints and note cards in her etsy store.
I would love to frame a few and hang them in my sewing room.
(As soon as I get part of the bailout money to set-up a
Superfund project to reclaim and reorganize that space. Sigh.)
I’m also quite fond of Amy because she was there to reassure me in line at Costco when the older woman ahead of me complimented me on the lovely children I was with and asked me if they were my grandchildren.

April 22, 2009 at 7:48 am

Oh no…something else I want to start collecting. I saw some old spools at an auction a few months ago, now I’m kicking myself. Who knew they could look so beautful when sorted. Don’t worry – I get the "is this your grandaughter" thing sometimes too…and I think I look pretty good for my age? Go figure?

April 22, 2009 at 8:20 am

You a grandma? She must have needed to update her eyeglass prescription. Lovely pics! I love the idea of hanging them in the sewing room!

Fresh Poppy Sisters
    April 22, 2009 at 8:30 am

Gorgeous photos, love your site!

V and Co.
    April 22, 2009 at 8:35 am

aHAHAahaha oh my got to love the lady that OBVIOUSLY needs glasses and some social skills classes. geez. btw the quilt is gorgeous i love it.

April 22, 2009 at 8:48 am

I checked out your friends blog. Wonderful pictures. <br />And grandma? Oh brother! I don’t think so!

April 22, 2009 at 9:38 am

Those photos are great!<br />And ouch on the Grandma thing!

April 22, 2009 at 9:48 am

Those are beautiful &amp; perfect for the sewing room! And I swear, people should just say, &quot;lovely kids&quot; period. end of sentence. I get whacko comments all the time too! Hope she didn&#39;t ruin your day!

Mary on Lake Pulaski
    April 22, 2009 at 10:52 am

Awesome photos of the spools. Say what…grandchildren?

April 22, 2009 at 11:06 am

Those are gorgeous photos…thanks so much for sharing! And I just don’t get the grandmother thing! I just absolutely can’t believe someone would think that!!!

Lisa @ Life with 4!
    April 22, 2009 at 1:01 pm

What!!! From what I see in your picture, you definitely don’t look like a Grandma!<br />Those are some cool photos!

April 22, 2009 at 1:23 pm

The photos are great! I know what you mean, I have gotten comments when I am with my mother, "Oh are you sisters?" Great for my mom, but for me not so much.

April 22, 2009 at 11:55 pm

Gorgeous photos and BTDT with the grandma comments – SHEESH! Maybe she had cataracts.

April 23, 2009 at 4:36 am

Lovely photos! And would you believe the "grandma" thing happened to me on Saturday? I was shopping with my daughter and the cashier at Wal-Mart asked me if the bra I was buying was for my granddaughter. I told her NO, it was for my DAUGHTER!! Some people just don’t think before they speak! LOL

April 23, 2009 at 4:42 am

Just beautifull these pfotos, I love those colors!

April 23, 2009 at 6:55 am

WHAT? Oh dear.

April 23, 2009 at 8:12 am

What a great friend! I was once complimented at the grocery store about how well behaved ALL my children were…and how LUCKY I was to have my oldest there to help out. I thanked the cashier and then realized that she was referring to my SISTER as MY oldest….I was with my 4 children and my sister’s 4 children, my last one and my sister’s last one are only 10 months apart….I was so embarrassed

Nanette Merrill and daughters
    April 23, 2009 at 2:25 pm

Artisitic!! love them.

AmyF Hackworth
    April 23, 2009 at 4:09 pm

Thanks for all your nice words about the photos, and thank so much for sharing them, Amy. <br /><br />You sure look great for your age! πŸ™‚

April 23, 2009 at 9:48 pm

I love old wooden spools!