Enquiring mind wants to know

As you know, my boy turned 5 last week. Which means he is getting way too big for this bed. So it’s time to get a big-boy bed, but I had to share some farewell photos of his little one. I made this quilt for his crib when I was pregnant. Since I already had two little girls, I was so excited to have a boy too!
And this boy gives me a run for my money. Not just physically but mentally too. Here is a small sampling of some of the questions this kid asks me:

How do you make milk? Do cows have machines in their stomachs?

Why do dinosaurs always live by volcanoes? Is it because they eat lava?

How does Heavenly Father make vitamins in food?

How do shoemakers make shoes?

Why is it called ‘gray’?

Why do people store food for the winter?

How old are Dads?

How do Chinese people cut up their food?

Why does school teach us about the earth and letters?

Why did Heavenly Father make 2 moons for Mars and only 1 for us?

So when this guy crashes (sword in hand) at the end of the day, not only do I get a rest, but so does my brain. ๐Ÿ™‚

Nedra
    April 28, 2009 at 7:01 am

What a cutie. And he is all boy, isn’t he? I think the halo’s come out when they are asleep.

Kim
    April 28, 2009 at 7:10 am

I miss my little boy who is now 23 but now I have a very inquisitive 3 year old grandson. So FUN! You little boy is so adorable Amy.<br /><br />It’s these kinds of moments you want to remember forever. You’ll need them when they’re teenagers. LOL!

Amy Sp
    April 28, 2009 at 7:51 am

That’s so sweet. My two year old is at the "why" stage and I am running out of answers!

Kimberly
    April 28, 2009 at 8:26 am

Sweet! Do you remember (or know) the old song from Sunday School, "the birdies in the treetops"? When my oldest was 3 years, she blew me away by singing, instead of "the angels chant their chorus all day long", "the angels can’t be gorgeous all day long"!!<br /><br />Ahhh… now she’s 11 and nothing that sweet comes out of her mouth ;)<br /><br />Have a great day! Kimberly

Linda
    April 28, 2009 at 8:30 am

Love the sleeping photo, he looks worn out. He certainly sounds like he keeps you on your toes mentally, amazing questions for a five year old. Enjoy him, they grow up sooo fast.

Trisha
    April 28, 2009 at 8:44 am

Oh my gosh, what a cute post! I was laughing at some of his questions, so funny. He has a good point on some of them. I am starting to wonder too… :)<br /><br />Love the quilt! So cute!

Lynnie
    April 28, 2009 at 8:49 am

I love that you&#39;ve tied these quilts (no pun intended) to the stories of your life. <br /><br />&lt;3

Sherri
    April 28, 2009 at 9:00 am

Love those questions!!! He is just adorable!

Lisa @ Life with 4!
    April 28, 2009 at 9:51 am

So sweet. I love the questions that kids ask, even when I can’t answer them. It means they are thinking and using that little brain that God gave them!

Lori Sume
    April 28, 2009 at 12:29 pm

okay he is a smart little guy!!!!!!

Jackie
    April 28, 2009 at 12:37 pm

What a sweetie pie!! Enjoy it now, they do get bigger and the questions get much harder. But they still look sweet when they are sleeping.

Mary on Lake Pulaski
    April 28, 2009 at 2:26 pm

Oh…my now 31 year old was just like that! Enjoy every day (when you’re not completely exhausted).

Quilt Hollow
    April 28, 2009 at 2:27 pm

Treasure those questions and keep a journal to reflect back on. They get old so fast. I have two sons now 19 and 15. (speaking from experience)

The Quilt Buddy
    April 28, 2009 at 7:56 pm

Sounds like you and I have the same day! Everyday! Mine is 2 and we just put him in the toddler bed. I cried when we did that!<br /><br />Is he going to get a "BIG" boy quilt also?

Dawn
    April 28, 2009 at 8:22 pm

Your little super-hero has some great questions!! It brings back great memories of my son, who is away for two years. Now your son’s little quilt will become his snuggle quilt at the end of the new bed!!

myimaginaryblog
    April 28, 2009 at 10:00 pm

How cute! I started to try to think of answers to all those questions but quickly decided I’d let you handle that. :)<br /><br />The quilt’s very classy — boyish but also pretty.

Nanette Merrill and daughters
    April 29, 2009 at 2:38 pm

The quilt is darling. He looks so sweet in the bed. Funny how kids are.

GloJoeSews
    May 1, 2009 at 7:41 am

He’s a cutie, but so is the quilt! Love, love it! I’ve been looking for a quilt and easy pattern that didn’t look so quick and easy and this one does the trick. Beautiful colors–my perfect for my 2 yr. old cousin Mikey!

Leslie
    May 4, 2009 at 1:47 pm

i love it…his questions were great!! My son is almost 5 and he keep[s me on my toes with the questions too…like this week i was asked, "what is God doing right now?"