A little vintage inspiration

A little while ago my mother-in-law gave me these curtains.

They are the curtains that hung in her room as a little girl in Bath, Maine over 50 years ago.
I LOVE them.So I used them as my inspiration to make a new little baby quilt, using a lot of the fabrics I’ve collected in the past few years.
We may do a little bedroom re-shuffling around here in the not-to-distant future and I would love to hang these curtains in one of my girls rooms with a bigger quilt like this on the bed.
My oldest looks so much like her grandma, I think it would be so fun for her to have a piece of her grandma in her room.
I think this is one of my favorite recent quilts. It was fun to jump on the aqua-and-red bandwagon, but I also love the 1950’s-vintage feel of this one.
And this quilt is for sale in the etsy shop! It’s machine quilted and pre-washed to give it that puckery-vintage feel.
AND, if you want to make one of your own, I cut-up a bunch more of my stash to make kits! These kits include all pre-cut squares already laid out in rows for you, pre-cut borders, binding and a back in your choice of aqua or pink.
Tempting, isn’t it?

April 15, 2009 at 8:00 am

What a tribute. The colors match perfectly.

The Quilt Buddy
    April 15, 2009 at 8:18 am

I love the curtains! What a great treasure to have!<br /><br />BTW-I think that I am going to have to jump on the aqua and red bandwagon also!

April 15, 2009 at 8:32 am

The curtains are gorgeous! And the quilt is perfect with them! I’ve been loving all of these red/aqua combinations!

Lori Holt
    April 15, 2009 at 2:33 pm

Amy-<br />You just know that i love those Vintage curtains! The colors are perfect and I love the idea for your daughters room.<br />I love my squares- thank you:)

April 15, 2009 at 7:50 pm

Before I scrolled down I thought, "Hey, I know that fabric!" I got all choked up about that girl that looks like her grandma having her curtains in her room. <br />That grandma just offered to buy me a sewing machine, and I already decided how I’m going to initiate it- charm pack quilt! :)<br />Love you.

April 15, 2009 at 11:13 pm

Ann Ridding
      June 18, 2013 at 9:17 am

It is gorgeous &amp; sorry to go off topic, but I liked the sewing machine cover,but not too sure if it was this website,as I am new to quilting &amp; forgot to bookmark the page when I found the hexagon sewing machine cover lol….

April 15, 2009 at 11:58 pm

I LOVE LOVE LOVE that quilt! So pretty!<br />Did you check yourself out on my blog yet? (I’m sure you’ve had lots of extra time lately!) There’s a picture of another one of your quilts on there.

April 18, 2009 at 5:03 am

Gorgeous quilt! I love the aqua/red combo too, I would redecorate our entire bedroom in those colors if I could afford it!

April 20, 2009 at 9:56 am

Wow – the colors are gorgeous!

April 20, 2009 at 10:10 am

I love this quilt… love the colours you chosed…and the lovely curtain.. .its a beauty!! :o)

April 20, 2009 at 6:54 pm

How do you do the stitching throughout the whole entire blanket? Is it just running the machine around and around covering all the blanket? I would love some help!<br /><br />bgrimnes{at}gmail{dot}com<br /><br /><br />ps.. i love this blanket!!