Mr. Roboto is back

Finally some sun so I could snap some pictures! And the pictures were kind of rushed because my kids were anxiously awaiting a long scheduled play date with some friends we don’t see often.
So here is another Mr. Roboto quilt. I originally made one for the store where I work a few months ago and (as you see in the post below) I am putting more kits together since we sold all of the originals.

This quilt is a little different. Instead of using the stripe as binding, I added it as a border. I love that colorful stripe!
And then, because the added border made the quilt bigger, I needed to piece the back.
Which I think turned out quite fun. And combined with that wonderful, whimsical robot fabric, it just doesn’t get much cuter, if I do say so myself.
This quilt is going in my etsy shop. Probably tomorrow, because right now I need to bind the hexagon quilt while I watch a movie. If you are interested in kits for this one, email me and I can give you the store information if you want to order one.

And early next week I will be posting a tutorial on how to make these blocks. SUPER easy and very quick and fun. So come back, ya hear?

Comments

Very cute! A tutorial would be great. A side note…could you email me the info on the peas and carrots quilt you did? I would love to make one like that with the new American Jane camping fabric!

I bought this kit when I was in UT in April- at your store. I love it. But I think I like the stripe border even better! I have not had time to make it yet, (baby coming anyday), so maybe I can get a little more fabric and then finish! I love quilt kits!!

You too Amy have helped me a lot in this new quilting adventure I have begun…I was just commenting on Amandajean's blog about how since I have been following her blog and started quilting again that it seems so much easier this time around. You all have helped me get out of this structured, symmetrical way of doing things and I never would have thought to make the backs so fun which really

SEW (hehehe) cute! If onky I had a little boy. :)<br /><br />Missed you at the shop, I went in the morning so I could have good pickins for the finishing kits. I&#39;ll come visit you soon though! When are you there?

I love this fabric line. I used it with a bunch of other oranges for a little boy&#39;s rag quilt. It&#39;s difficult for me to find boy fabric that I like. Darling quilt!

YES A TUTORIAL PLEASE!!! I love this quilt, actually, I may need a kit. My (9 month old) son must have it, considering I call him Mommy&#39;s Little Space Man, and perhaps I will have to start calling him Mommy&#39;s Little Mister Roboto?

Hi Renee! I just discovered your question and tried to figure out how to email. I was unsuccessful, so I&#39;m hoping you see this reply.<br /><br />The fabric is from a line called Robots by David Walker for Free Spirit fabrics. It came out last year so it is out of print, but there may still be pieces floating around out there on the internet! Good Luck!