The other Shop Hop quilt

Here is the other quilt made for this Shop Hop. This fabric has been out for about 9 months, but since we haven’t made anything, it’s just been sitting around the shop. An actual quilt always moves fabric. So here it is.
This quilt was inspired by a quilt in the June issue of American Patchwork and Quilting. Only that quilt had little blue pieced stars forming an Irish Chain. I chose to just use solid blocks instead of making 25! 4″ stars. Works for me.
It’s really the border fabric that makes this quilt work. I love that scalloped print. It makes the quilt look like an old fashioned handkerchief. And do you like my mitered corner? I’m shocked and amazed that I did it! I used Amy’s tutorial. [Thanks, Amy!]

And do you also like the fact that the quilt is not even bound when I took the picture? That is my project right now while I watch the pre-recorded SYTYCD (so you think you can dance) as well as finish assembling the kits. Then I think I can catch my breath. Thanks again for your encouragement and kind comments. Happy Thursday!

Trisha
    June 17, 2009 at 10:40 pm

Very pretty! Is that the same fabric that was used for Patchwork Party Winter 2008? <br /><br />http://thecalicocat.com/patchworkparty08.htm<br /><br />It looks like it might be. So pretty!! <br /><br />I am watching SYTYCD for the first time this season and I am LOVING IT!!!

Lisa @ Life with 4!
    June 17, 2009 at 11:09 pm

oh my goodness, Amy! That is so pretty. I love the blue and red together!

Sherri
    June 17, 2009 at 11:23 pm

It&#39;s gorgeous! And your mitered corner is perfect!

Karen
    June 18, 2009 at 12:45 am

Just gorgeous! I love love LOVE the border fabric! Gosh, if I lived close to your quilt shop, I&#39;d snap up a kit in a heartbeat. It&#39;s a beautiful quilt.

Barb
    June 18, 2009 at 2:05 am

I love the quilt, looks awesome.

Aimee
    June 18, 2009 at 5:32 am

Very pretty – the scalloped border is beautiful.

Treasuresofjoy
    June 18, 2009 at 5:53 am

I LOVE that!

DeeRoo
    June 18, 2009 at 6:15 am

That is just beautiful…looks like an antique, the colors are soooo rich. I guess I really need to finish the couple of quilt kits I bought years and years ago and then I can start on something new an fresh…but….I refuse to start something new when I have these other ones in my fabric closet!:) Thanks again for all the wonderful inspiration.

RosaMarรญa
    June 18, 2009 at 6:50 am

lovely!!! i saw this quilt in the magazine and i like it (i have those fabrics too) but yours is great!!! love the corners!!! you did a perfect job. hermoso!

Mauri
    June 18, 2009 at 8:06 am

Beautiful! It looks like it could be a vintage quilt. I love the soft colors. I was hemming and sewing on cub scout patches while I watched SYTYCD last night. Who was your favorite. I love Randi and Evan, they are so spunky, but I think my favorite dance last night might have been Karla and Jonathan.

angela
    June 18, 2009 at 8:15 am

That&#39;s beautiful! Just using the the two colors is perfect – the red stars shine on that lovely blue background.

patty
    June 18, 2009 at 8:21 am

Love your quilt. I agree the border does remind me of an old fashion hankerchief. Mitered corners too! you should be so proud ๐Ÿ™‚

Starbound Studios
    June 18, 2009 at 9:29 am

Very pretty! Love the blue and red together. And those robots from the previous posts are adorable!!

Christine
    June 18, 2009 at 4:39 pm

Your quilts are always amazing but I really LOVE this one. It is gorgeous great job!

Yaya and Papa
    June 18, 2009 at 7:18 pm

Beautiful quilt!<br /><br />Just saw your post on your new Rowenta. I, too, found a great deal on a Rowenta at Tuesday Morning about a year and a half ago–it broke-leaks water out the bottom of the iron if I fill it more than an inch. When it spit all over my son-in-law&#39;s dress shirt, being ironed for a wedding he was performing, decided to get a new iron and retire the so called great

Amy - Park City Girl
    June 19, 2009 at 8:54 am

Great sample! That border fabric IS so pretty ๐Ÿ™‚ I won&#39;t be down for any shop hopping – I hope you have fun, and come home with lots of ideas! <br /><br />We should plan something while schools out . . .

dotti white
    June 19, 2009 at 9:21 am

Beautiful…I love that fabric. thanks for sharing!

Chris
    June 19, 2009 at 8:47 pm

This one is just lovely!! I come by often but don&#39;t remember if I have commented. I really do enjoy seeing all the beautiful quilts you have made. Thanks for sharing. I live in Virginia and after seeing so many quilters in blog land from the west I would love to visit out your way. ๐Ÿ™‚

Nanette Merrill and daughters