Snippets Hexagon Quilt

The hexagon quilt is finished.
Very pleased with how this quilt turned out. And it was fun to do!
(Not nearly as tricky as it looks.)

As I was piecing the blocks together, I was really worried about it looking too crazy. But now that it is put together and quilted, I think it looks cool. I used a pattern from American Jane called Merry-Go-Round as my inspiration, but I modified it a little – making it smaller and making the sides straight edges so that I could put a border on. I like the framing and calming effect of the yellow border.
Since this quilt is staying at the store, I just used a solid back – but a fun print from the Snippets collection. I’m not sure yet how I’ll put mine together. We’ll just have to wait and see!
Since the whole quilt was made from one fabric collection I added this little piece of selvage. I kind of like the effect.

One down!

That looks awesome! I have a twin size (or maybe large throw size) quilt top pieced in the Merry Go Round pattern, using the Recess line. The pointy edges were holding me back, though. I was NOT looking forward to binding it. Maybe I'll add a border instead!

2. Reg82 says

I LOVE this quilt! The playful fabrics as hexagons really works well–it's retro yet very contemporary. Great idea to include that bit of selvage. Nice work!

The quilt is simply beautiful! I love all the different colors and patterns, it makes it a real eye catcher. Totally agree with the yellow border. Great job Amy!

I love your quilt. Great design &amp; color.<br /><br />Thanks for sharing. I&#39;d also be interested in a write up (tutorial) on how you made it.<br /><br />SewCalGal<br />

Wow! That is one amazing quilt.<br />Not sure how hexagons are not difficult…I seem to have a problem with straight strips,LOL.<br />Love it.

Joining the chorus: This is my favorite one so far. I don&#39;t know if you&#39;ve ever seen the &quot;circles&quot; that Nana Jean makes, but this quilt looks like the piles of them she&#39;s had on her tv tray for as long as I can remember. Someday when you&#39;re trying to decide what you should make me when I&#39;m getting married, choose this!

Fantastic finish! I have that pattern too and I like your straight border. It really does have a calming effect. The little bit of selvage was a stroke of genius. Love the whole thing.

LOVE the inclusion of the Fabric name on its selvage. Brilliant. <br />And the Merry Go Round pattern is terrific with the Snippets collection. <br />Also, I appreciate the yellow in the border as it draws from the fabric colors and yet controls all the pattern action. Well done!