Summer Really Is Quite Nice

Oh goodness, I feel like such a whiner after that last post. Thanks for bearing with me. Sometimes you just need to vent, you know? Really, life is quite good.
I am so excited about Jennifer’s Vintage Sheet fat quarter exchange. (I just got my FQ’s off by the skin of my teeth.) Before I did I decided to hit a thrift store which I haven’t done in a while. I’m becoming more discriminating with my thrifting. I have too much junk as it is, so I’m only buying stuff I really love AND will actually use soon. I found a couple of good vintage sheets and another sheet that is not vintage (the one on the bottom) but has great potential. My 10-year-old was with my and has dibs on it to make a skirt first.

Then I found a couple good pyrex pieces. I’m feeling drawn to yellow and really liked these pieces.

The gold one is an oval baker and this one is a medium-size serving bowl. I used them tonight for serving fruit salad (yummy, yummy) and the baked potatoes in the baker. They looked so cheerful and summery. Don’t you just love summer food? Off the grill or lots of fresh fruits and vegetables. I do. The best food there is.

We also tried to have a backyard camp out tonight, but the weather had other ideas and when the wind kicked-up so strong that it nearly blew the tent away, we had to give up on that idea. Which we did right before the rain started chucking down.

But the kids were not to be deterred. So we made do. :)
Have a happy summer weekend.

Fun thrifty items! Ah the old camp out in the backyard gone awry. I know that. We have made many a toasted marshmallow in the same manner.

The gold pyrex is vintage! I think my mom still has that in her kitchen cabinets from the early 70s. Thanks for sharing.

We used to have campouts in the backyard too, so your post brought back many memories. Your weather has been something else. <br />Great thrift store finds.

I love the serving dish! I have this addiction to serving bowls and casserole dishes. When I see… I buy. All different sizes and colors and shapes, oh my. Especially the old ones… the casserole dish matched one Pyrex bowl that I have actually… :)

never mind the sheets, the pyrex and the food – what about that view from your backyard – are those mountains I spy? Amazing.

Great finds at the thrift shop! <br />Love the picture with the mountains in the background and the one of the roasting marshmellows!

oh now you&#39;ve done it…you&#39;ve ruined our friendship by getting such super duper cute sheets. <br />i&#39;m now the jelous not happy for you friend because i don&#39;t have such cute sheets.<br />totally kidding…but seriously…how cute are those sheets?!