Summer Really Is Quite Nice

Oh goodness, I feel like such a whiner after that last post. Thanks for bearing with me. Sometimes you just need to vent, you know? Really, life is quite good.
I am so excited about Jennifer’s Vintage Sheet fat quarter exchange. (I just got my FQ’s off by the skin of my teeth.) Before I did I decided to hit a thrift store which I haven’t done in a while. I’m becoming more discriminating with my thrifting. I have too much junk as it is, so I’m only buying stuff I really love AND will actually use soon. I found a couple of good vintage sheets and another sheet that is not vintage (the one on the bottom) but has great potential. My 10-year-old was with my and has dibs on it to make a skirt first.

Then I found a couple good pyrex pieces. I’m feeling drawn to yellow and really liked these pieces.

The gold one is an oval baker and this one is a medium-size serving bowl. I used them tonight for serving fruit salad (yummy, yummy) and the baked potatoes in the baker. They looked so cheerful and summery. Don’t you just love summer food? Off the grill or lots of fresh fruits and vegetables. I do. The best food there is.

We also tried to have a backyard camp out tonight, but the weather had other ideas and when the wind kicked-up so strong that it nearly blew the tent away, we had to give up on that idea. Which we did right before the rain started chucking down.

But the kids were not to be deterred. So we made do. ๐Ÿ™‚
Have a happy summer weekend.

Aunt Spicy
    June 27, 2009 at 5:47 am

Super love pyrex and vintage sheets, what great finds! Jenny Reeder just sent me your blog and I love it! Your quilts are amazing!

angela
    June 27, 2009 at 5:49 am

I love the marshmellow over the glow of the flat top! Did that even work?!

Jackie
    June 27, 2009 at 5:57 am

Fun thrifty items! Ah the old camp out in the backyard gone awry. I know that. We have made many a toasted marshmallow in the same manner.

Cyn
    June 27, 2009 at 6:55 am

The gold pyrex is vintage! I think my mom still has that in her kitchen cabinets from the early 70s. Thanks for sharing.

Quilt Hollow
    June 27, 2009 at 6:59 am

Now these little things are what your kiddos will remember forever…simple things like this are just priceless.

roseylittlethings
    June 27, 2009 at 7:50 am

Great finds! I will let you know when the FQ's arrive! I got the roboto kit yesterday, so excited to start it!

Mauri
    June 27, 2009 at 8:32 am

Looks like a fun night anyways. Where do you go thrifting? The sheets are great, I love them all!

Amy - Park City Girl
    June 27, 2009 at 9:44 am

Summer is nice! The weather has been crazy! Glad you made do ๐Ÿ™‚ And your thrifty sense is great!

Nedra
    June 27, 2009 at 10:12 am

We used to have campouts in the backyard too, so your post brought back many memories. Your weather has been something else. <br />Great thrift store finds.

Kimberly
    June 27, 2009 at 3:16 pm

Great post! I have the green dish too, actually a few of them. They&#39;re so darn homey!<br />HAppy summer weekend to you, too!

patty
    June 27, 2009 at 7:22 pm

Great post! Glad to see things are looking up:) Love the improvised marshmellow roast.

Taiya
    June 27, 2009 at 8:34 pm

I love the serving dish! I have this addiction to serving bowls and casserole dishes. When I see… I buy. All different sizes and colors and shapes, oh my. Especially the old ones… the casserole dish matched one Pyrex bowl that I have actually… ๐Ÿ™‚

Dawn
    June 27, 2009 at 9:38 pm

Great finds!! And makin memories!! Looks like your family had a great time!

Katy
    June 28, 2009 at 4:30 am

never mind the sheets, the pyrex and the food – what about that view from your backyard – are those mountains I spy? Amazing.

Sara
    June 28, 2009 at 8:03 pm

Great finds at the thrift shop! <br />Love the picture with the mountains in the background and the one of the roasting marshmellows!

dotti white
    June 28, 2009 at 8:13 pm

this reminds me of many days when my children were growing up! So fun!

V and Co.
    June 29, 2009 at 10:54 am

oh now you&#39;ve done it…you&#39;ve ruined our friendship by getting such super duper cute sheets. <br />i&#39;m now the jelous not happy for you friend because i don&#39;t have such cute sheets.<br />totally kidding…but seriously…how cute are those sheets?!

Nanette Merrill and daughters
    July 1, 2009 at 3:38 pm

I have some old pyrex. It never goes out of vogue. And the sheets! Love me those vintage sheets. I&#39;m making a vintage sheet quilt but haven&#39;t blogged about it yet.