Vintage Sheet Swap

Last week I received my FQ’s from Jennifer’s vintage sheet swap! They came at the perfect time – I checked the mail at the end of a bit of a cranky day, and these totally made me smile.

I’ve been admiring vintage sheet quilts all over blogland (most recently Allison’s) and I’m determined to make one of our very own. And now I have these beauties to add to the mix.

This is my favorite. Thank you kind person who sacrificed some of this.
These are my two runner’s-up. That one on the left totally feeds my orange fetish!

I was also excited to get a few more yellows to add to the mix. I am very short on yellows. Also some great bigger prints. EEeee! I’m excited!

After cutting up my own stash, I have a couple of little bundles I’m going to put in my etsy shop, if you’re so inclined to make your own vintage sheet quilt.
I’m on the hunt for a few more greens, so if anyone is up for a mini-swap, let me know!

DeeRoo
    July 20, 2009 at 6:21 pm

My oh my….I really need to visit our local thrift shop…I was just there the other day but I was dropping off donations…time to shop!:)

Evelyn
    July 20, 2009 at 6:27 pm

I've got some greens – I'll take a picture tonight and email ya…

V and Co.
    July 20, 2009 at 6:30 pm

i'm doing an orange fetish thing right now as well. what's up with that? ๐Ÿ˜‰

Knitlee
    July 20, 2009 at 9:38 pm

Oh wow you really got some great prints in that swap! I will check my vintage sheet stash- I just hit the jackpot on my last visit to the thrift store and got some great sheets! I have one strawberry print that is fantastic-I will take a photo and send it your way!

Allison
    July 20, 2009 at 11:28 pm

Oh those are pretty, that pink flower one is the same as my blue sheet. Love them, your quilt is going to be lovely…can't wait to see it!!!!

Kim
    July 20, 2009 at 11:57 pm

Pretty Cool Swap! I have yet to start looking for Vintage Sheets but, I sure would like to collect some of them.

Mauri
    July 21, 2009 at 8:54 am

Very fun, I love starting a new project. This quilt will be beautiful, so very spring like.

Nanette Merrill and daughters
    July 21, 2009 at 2:32 pm

Of course yours are gone! I've got to get more for my quilt.

Peanut Blossom
    July 21, 2009 at 8:41 pm

I'm totally new to this whole vintage sheet thing but I think I'm a total goner now. I LOVE those prints and those colors. Where on earth does one even start with trying to find vintage sheets?? Any tips on working with them?

littlecumulus
    July 21, 2009 at 9:22 pm

Hee hee! I got mine in the mail yesterday, too…happy day! I sent the pink flower print that is your runner-up fave… it was hard to part with, but you gotta share the love. ๐Ÿ™‚

Pamela
    July 21, 2009 at 10:40 pm

What are you going to make with all your amazing fabrics??? I am dying to know! Wish I had some I would totally send them your way.