This boy is starting Kindergarten today. I think we’ll both love it.

His private ‘assessment’ with the teacher yesterday was hilarious. In many aspects he did better than I ever thought he would. Counted to 100 all by himself – except he proudly said “1,000!” at the end instead of 100. πŸ™‚ I heard him get stumped on recognizing a letter and wondered which one it was. Turns out it was ‘A’.

garden quilt show

Here’s a little sneak peak of the quilt show last night. I’ll post more pictures later. Time to fill more boxes.

August 27, 2009 at 1:42 pm

Ugh….dialup is sooooooo slow but it was totally worth it….brought back so many memories of my two when they were in Kindergarten…sooooo sweet! Congrats on the counting to 1000!;)<br />Now I&#39;m still waiting for the quilt picture to come up….*fingers tapping on the desk*

August 27, 2009 at 5:16 pm

Although all of my children are grown with families of their own, I still remember their first day of Kindergarten. They were always so excited as they gave me their blow-by-blow account of their day. <br /><br />Love the quilts and am axiously awaiting to see the rest.

Nanette Merrill and daughters
    August 27, 2009 at 5:18 pm

How did I miss hearing about this? You&#39;ve got to give me more notice next time my dear! I&#39;d have loved to have gone.

August 27, 2009 at 11:52 pm

kindergarten is such a special time, how exciting for your little guy! I hope he does really well and makes tons of new friends. :)and those quilts are amazing!!

Aunt Spicy
    August 28, 2009 at 4:17 am

Can not wait to see more of the quilts! Did you have a quilt on display?<br /><br />So impressed that he counted to 1000, opps I mean 100!

Amy - Park City Girl
    August 28, 2009 at 9:44 am

Kindergarten – I have one starting too πŸ™ It goes so fast! <br /><br />Looks like a fun quilt show! I don&#39;t think I will make it on the 11th – that is the first day of K – I knew that date was familiar! Have fun without me πŸ™‚