Good-looking quilts for good-looking guys

A few weeks ago I was flipping through an L.L.Bean catalog and saw these two quilts. I loved both and filed them away for inspiration for future projects. (Like post-move at this point.) I especially love that triangles quilt – it would be perfect way to bust through some of my American Jane fabric stash. It particularly reminds me of this quilt, and looks a tad easier.
So guess what my wondering eyes beheld when my mother-in-law showed me the newly decorated bedroom for her 2 youngest boys. Great minds do think alike. And have really good taste.

These are those two boys, my husband’s younger brothers. They are pretty much the perfect uncles because not only do they like to play Wii with the nieces and nephews like most teenage uncles, but they’ll also indulge them in playing “Star Wars” or hunting down bad guys, have squirt gun fights, teach them how to do cannon balls into the pool, and tolerate watching little kid shows. They also make my kids laugh like no one else. We’re so lucky to have them.This is what they looked like when I first met them 12 years ago.
Their older brother was pretty cute too.
And because they have a wise and wonderful mother, she lets them add their own decorative touches to the place.

Comments

Nothing better than two uncles who like to play, you all are blessed!:) And of course two always smiling faces….great pictures, thanks for sharing….made my heart do a little pitter patter!:)

Amy….so precious! And I'm with you…I see something in a magazine like that and use it for inspiration. I love those, too, the triangles are very nice! Have a great week!

I had the same thought about the triangle quilt..but I was thinking to see if I could eeck out an entire quilt top that way with what is left of my Flea Market Fancy stash!

Thanks for sharing the photos of the cute guys!<br /><br />I love both of their quilts also…but if you really want to get rid of your American jane stash, you can send it to my house!

5. Cindy Nielsen says

Hi you don&#39;t know me but my name is Cindy Nielsen and I lived in Maryland on Edgewood area of Aperdeen Proving grounds from 1993 to 1995. I believe those boys are the two youngest Smart boys. Tell me this is true. I sure loved those boys and Rosemary too.

Hi Cindy! It is those same boys! What a small world. Love it. :)<br /><br />I hope you see this – not sure how to contact you. Please feel free to email me and I can put you in contact with the Smarts! <br /><br />Thanks for saying HI!

Hi, me again :-)<br />My youngest brother has autism, he is 27 now and still lives at home with my mom &amp; dad… he is also the PERFECT Uncle for my son… LOVES to play Wii all day long, always up for a game, he thinks my son is the greatest thing ever…and my son thinks he is the greatest person ever too… it&#39;s pretty cool.

I stumbled upon your blog a little while ago &amp; was looking around today &amp; was excited to see you were in Frederick, MD. I live about 20 minutes from Frederick. I attend church there. I was even more excited when I just discovered the &quot;brothers&quot;. My lil&#39; girl has Down Syndrome also. What a small world!

I also grew up with a sister that was born with Downs Syndrome. She was number 2 child out of 5. I can&#39;t imagine not growing up with Carol. God doesn&#39;t make mistakes, and I believe Carol taught me more in her lifetime than I taught her. She passed away 10 years ago at the age of 55. Because of Carol, my daughter pursued a career in special education and absolutely loves working with