Making progress and messes

I am starting to make some progress! Yay.

There is still much to be done, but it’s nice to no longer have deadlines and I can just move at my own (or my kids’) pace. I haven’t sewn in a month (besides the binding on that quilt) and I’m itching to go. Last week I started unloading my boxes of stuff and it got me so excited. I even spent some time at my kitchen table cutting squares Saturday night and I was in heaven. (Can you imagine how pathetic that last sentence would sound to a lot of people?? ha ha.) Felt so good to have that rotary cutter in my hand.

Here is one of my unpacking projects: my future sewing room! [Yes, a ROOM. That annoying high-pitched sound you hear is me trying to suppress a squeal so I don’t embarrass my family.] I always forget to take “before” pictures, but here you have one. Can’t wait to take “after” pictures. Or at least “progress” pictures.

Right after we closed on the house I came to walk through the empty house, knowing it was finally ours. I had my boys with me and they were walking around saying things like: “here is where we will put our couch and here is where we will put my bed . . .” when the youngest opened a closet in the basement and said, “Here is where we will put our monsters.”

at which point I thought to myself, “no. Here is where I will put my fabric.”
It could be that we were still talking about the same thing.

And speaking of my boys (which seems to be a lot recently) they are in heaven playing with the Styrofoam packing pieces and dad’s tools. They’ve been having a heyday. Part of me was thrilled that they were doing something that kept themselves happily entertained and exercising their creative juices. But I finally made them move to the back porch because I got tired of vacuuming up shredded Styrofoam. I should have taken a picture first – it looked like a snowstorm in our family room.

I wonder if my husband ever wishes he could move my fabric to the back porch? But then again, he’s probably happy to see me quietly entertaining myself sometimes too.

Comments

You're going to have such a fabulous sewing/crafting space! I can't wait to see your room all set up! and a whole closet for fabric storage?! You are sooooooo lucky!!!!! Some monster fabric is in order…

Your own room – super exciting! And even a monster (fabric) closet – sounds like the perfect house :) <br /><br />I&#39;m with you on the styrofoam! I also love it when they make cool stuff and get creative with it, but it is impossible!!! to clean up. Not only does it make the snow, but it is static snow that clings to everything, including the sides of the sweeper as it goes by!

lucky you !Your own sewing room.I use a room that houses a lot of my husbands guns and other stuff. Eventually I will have the room all to myself. I love that you have a monster fabric closet!!

What!….You don&#39;t have that sewing room set up and sparkling yet?!;) <br />Monster fabric closet….I&#39;m extremely jealous…it&#39;s so nice and big and you&#39;ll be able to see what you have at a glance….I really need to get my husband to finish our house so I can have a Monster Fabric Closet….hehehe!:o

You are singing to the choir here. <br />Did I ever mention that when we built our current house that we had to cut the square footage down to fit on the lot? Guess where the cut ended up? The Master Bedroom. My sewing room is bigger than the Master, and I&#39;m a happy lady. We must have our priorities after all!<br />Good luck with all the unpacking.

I can&#39;t wait to come see this house and your new craft room! My craft space now exists in a box under a bed that I take out occasionally…. I look forward to the day <br /> I have my own room too!