On the move

This is not us. But it’s pretty close. lol. Just a funny picture I stole from my sister, who borrowed it from someone else. :)

Finally checking in. Man, moving is a pain. I told my husband on Saturday that I decided moving reminds me of having a baby: you pretty much lose a lot of dignity or privacy, and afterward you are exhausted. And despite all brave plans to do it on your own, in the final moments of desperation, you gratefully accept the help of many other people. Many other people, who have been so generous and thoughtful. We couldn’t have done it without them.

So here we are. Saturday night we pretty much felt like we were camping (only with indoor plumbing.) By Sunday night we had beds set up. Monday we figured out how to get hot water again. Yesterday we finally got our phone line working and today I am back online. Maybe tomorrow we’ll have the 4-pronged outlet switched out and we can have our washer and dryer functioning. Baby steps, but we’re getting there. Maybe I’ll even sew again one day. :)

Thanks for all of your well wishes. It’s nice to be back. And it’s also lovely to send my darlings off to school, waving from the front porch.

Comments

Is that your truck? That is crazy! I think my husband would have a heart attack loading/looking at/driving it! Best of luck! We moved in June – I feel your pain.

Poor you! I haven&#39;t moved in 12 years since I bought this house… planning to be carried out in a pine box in about 90 years or so…. maybe 100. I have a lot of quilts I want to make.<br /><br />Hope you both get settled in soon.

Bwaahahahahahahaha!!! That picture is HIIIIIIIIIlarious!!! I showed it to my husband…I wonder how in the world they got it stacked soooo high!<br /><br />Well, congrats girl on finally making it to your new home…just think of it as a bunch of great stories you all will tell when your kids have kids!:) And of course this has all been great bonding moments!!<br />Taking your time unpacking

Congrats on making it to the new place – now just take one step at a time and all will be back to &quot;normality&quot; :0) soon.<br /><br />My other half is talking about moving in the next 6 – 12 months and we have 28 yrs of accumulated treasures -don&#39;t even want to think about it!

The picture reminds me of something you&#39;d see on the Beverly Hillbilly&#39;s show. I love it! This is the case where a picture really is worth a thousand words. LOL Good luck on getting everything set up.

Love the picture at first I said how in the world..!!! Then I read the caption. Moving is a pain haven&#39;t done it in about 20 years or so. My Husband said if they put a casino in our town we&#39;re out of here… <br />Any way glad your in and getting settled. Take your time!

The picture reminds me of something you&#39;d see in a Chevy Chase movie :o) We moved 3 times in 13 years…It&#39;s never easy but we always looked at it as an adventure. This is our last move until the kids leave the nest…<br />Happy moving! Hope all goes well!

Well my DH says if i want to move i do it on my own he staying so i know what to do if i have enough of him lol it takes time to settle in to a new place but i am sure you soon have things how you want them<br />Hugs Janice