Quilt show part 2

Photobucket
Are you ready for more? Do you have your ice cream? Alright, let’s go.
This little table runner and the apple quilt below were made by another co-worker, Sharon.
Photobucket

I love this apple quilt! I’ve seen this pattern in all red apples before but I love how Sharon threw in a few Granny Smiths and Golden Delicious apples too. (Sharon has a great eye for color.) I think the added colors totally make the quilt. And it makes me hungry.

Is your mind blown?
Have you ever seen an Oh My Gosh quilt before? Those little 9-patch blocks are teeny-tiny.
This quilt was also made by Marilyn Yerkes. It is a work of art. And some serious labor. And I am so stupid I only got this close-up and never got a picture of the whole thing. Absolutely amazing, I tell you.

Photobucket

Here is a close-up of this little sampler quilt made with April Cornell’s Poetry line. The blocks were all beautifully pieced. I am embarrassed that I didn’t get the name of the maker on this quilt (or on most of them. I hate for these women not to get the recognition they deserve.)

Photobucket
Once again, check out the tiny pieces in these blocks. Beautifully pieced.

Photobucket
Another cute quilt from our favorite Robots fabric.
Photobucket

This gem was made by Mindy Johnston (Amy McClellan’s daughter) out of reproduction prints. I love how the blocks are all the same pattern, but all look different because of the variety of colors used and where the fabric is placed.

Photobucket
This fan quilt is an antique. Great prints, as always, in those old quilts.
Photobucket
Check out this whimsical Christmas quilt. Great fabrics in new quilts too!
Photobucket
And the ice cream sundaes were great too.
(Recognize the turquoise sandals?)
Photobucket
If you want to see more pictures, you can check Amy McClellan’s new American Quilting Blog!

Thanks for stopping by. I wish we could have done it together in person. Next year I promise to give more notice so you can all make arrangements to come.

Kim
    September 1, 2009 at 7:01 am

What great pictures you've taken. I loved the quilts too! The OMIGOSH one is spectacular and the Christmas Elves is so fun and happy! What a great quilt show. I'm so sorry I missed it!

nicolette
    September 1, 2009 at 7:39 am

OMG, so much inspiration! Thanks for sharing!

Trisha
    September 1, 2009 at 7:40 am

Thanks for sharing more pictures. That one quilt with the tiny nine patches is incredible. I am glad you pointed out that one quilt with the same blocks but different color placement. I didn't even realize they were the same block until you said something. Cool!

jodi @ Pleasant Home
    September 1, 2009 at 7:47 am

Awesome field trip! LOVE every single photo. And the quilts are all to die for. I haven't been able to quilt at all. So much blogging going on around here! LOL. I'm itch'n to quilt now!

Nedra
    September 1, 2009 at 8:18 am

What a great show. I loved them all. I have the pattern for OMG and have seen Kims start. Looks like soooooo much work!

The Calico Cat
    September 1, 2009 at 9:07 am

Love that 9-patch quilt…<br /><br />Yet another way for me to think about using my rockets.

SewCalGal
    September 1, 2009 at 9:22 am

Thanks for sharing. Looks like a fun time. Delightful quilts.<br /><br />SewCalGal<br />www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

Sherri
    September 1, 2009 at 11:30 am

So many wonderful quilts! Thanks for taking the time to share them!

Dawn
    September 1, 2009 at 11:51 am

Wow! So many great quilts. The amount of detail is amazing like the dinner quilt.

Amy - Park City Girl
    September 1, 2009 at 1:44 pm

Thanks for sharing!! Love the apples – so fun!

Molly
    September 1, 2009 at 9:09 pm

That apple quilt has been on my list for several years. Seeing that one has remotivated me to get it done!

Di~
    September 2, 2009 at 9:28 am

The quilt show looks like a wonderful event. I kept wondering &quot;where is this&quot;? then I saw Amy M. house, I met her in her shop this summer when I attended the quilt shop hop in Utah. My daughter has made Amy&#39;s cute Christmas Stockings.I love her quilt shop. Glad I found your blog.

Nanette Merrill and daughters
    September 3, 2009 at 3:46 pm

Of course the fan is my all time favorite. I can&#39;t pass up the vintage.

Aimee
    September 4, 2009 at 5:28 am

Thank you for sharing! And the Christmas Elves are too cute. What an awesome quilt!! They are all awesome, but I&#39;m a Christmas freak, so it gets the most love. ๐Ÿ™‚