Fabulous Fall

Dear Fall,

I’m sorry I threw a hissy-fit last week. I really love you dearly. Thank you for reminding me how gorgeous you are. I am looking forward to thoroughly enjoying you.

Love, Amy Smart

These pictures were taken last week on a drive up a near-by canyon. Wow. Breathtaking gorgeousness. The pictures truly don’t do it justice. (Can you imagine if some one with actual photography skills was shooting this scenery?)

We took the kids to one of our favorite yearly haunts, Cascade Springs in the Wasatch Mountains. A beautiful area of natural springs erupting into dozens of waterfalls. We love it because there are trails and boardwalks that are very do-able for the kids. This was the latest into the season that we have visited and it was so worth the wait. Did I mention the breath-taking colors?

A few years ago there were some serious forest fires in this area. In the photo above you can see the remains of dead trees in the foreground and background. I loved the juxtaposition with the color of the new growth coming in.

A perfect night. Really perfect.

In other news: while I was writing about my anniversary last week I neglected to realize it was my 1st blogiversary that day. Totally snuck up on me. You too, huh? Well come back tomorrow (Friday) and we’ll do a little blogiversary giving.

Also, Stephanie Nielsen was on Oprah today. If you didn’t catch it, you can watch a clip of a segment of her at home here. A glimpse into the realities that she lives with because of her injuries, and the simple peace she carries with her. So moving and inspiring. She is amazing.

littlecumulus
    October 7, 2009 at 11:49 pm

Oh! The homesickess is crushing me. So beautiful!

searchfamilies
    October 8, 2009 at 2:24 am

What beautiful photos looks so inviting<br />Hugs Janice

joliesjunebugboutique
    October 8, 2009 at 4:51 am

Amazing Pics! I had never read about Nienie Until your post about running into her in Target and I was curious so I went over to her blog and cried for about an hour straight! Thanks for posting the link to the video! I am super hormonal and it made me cry to! She is an amazing woman!<br />ON other notes! Super excited for your blogaversery post!

Laurie Anne
    October 8, 2009 at 5:13 am

Breathtaking photos…Fall is lovely isn&#39;t she…

angela
    October 8, 2009 at 6:30 am

Wow – so pretty! I do love fall, but it is even better with mountains. Things are a little flat here in Illlinois ๐Ÿ™‚

Katy
    October 8, 2009 at 6:37 am

wow – your Autumns are so much more impressive than ours. I&#39;m not envious, not at all. Ok, just a little bit. Tell you what, you can come and stay in my house for a week and enjoy (cough cough) the rain, and I&#39;ll come and stay in yours and soak up the colours of an amazing fall.<br /><br />Off to watch Nie Nie……that woman (and her whole family too) is an inspiration *sigh*

Petit Debutant
    October 8, 2009 at 7:54 am

You&#39;re making me miss UT! I did love the mountains covered in fall colors and then in snow!

Mary on Lake Pulaski
    October 8, 2009 at 10:26 am

Thanks for the photos Amy! We usually hike in similar areas this time of the year, but can&#39;t this year because of my knew issues. So I got to go on the hike with you and your family – nice!

Sherri
    October 8, 2009 at 10:33 am

Love the photos…I really appreciate them since we don&#39;t get such beautiful leaves here! I loved seeing Stephanie on Oprah…what an inspiration she is! And happy blogiversary!

americanfamily
    October 8, 2009 at 10:56 pm

Just watched nie Nie on Oprah. I record them all and then watch very few. Their segment was absolutely worth my time. Amazing. Makes me so grateful. Thanks for sharing.