I sewed something

I just had to share a little something I sewed this week.
The random brushed plaids felt fallish to me.
I’m especially jazzed about how the colors turned out.
Wow, it feels so good to get behind my machine again.
But I kind of feel like I’m cheating because the rest of my house is so out of whack.
So I’m making myself buckle down and finish unpacking before I do anymore.
But wow, it felt good.

This one still needs a border. I’m thinking orange.

In other news:
Tomorrow I am blog-sitting for Aunt Spicy, so drop by!

And secondly, if you were ever contemplating getting the kit for the Amy Butler quilt I made for American Quilting this past summer, now is your chance. They are 40% off for a shop-hop this week and they’ll probably be gone by Saturday. The number to call is 801-802-7841. Good luck!

UPDATE: the kits are gone! Wow. Faster than we thought.

I am finally finishing the pattern for this quilt, along with baby sized version. Hope to have it in my etsy shop next week in downloadable PDF form!

SaraRules
    October 14, 2009 at 4:55 pm

Oh, I love the plaids! And you&#39;ve got such a good balance of colors, I really like it!<br /><br />And can I just say, the cuteness of the phrase &quot;I sewed something&quot; set me giggling. πŸ™‚

Jackie
    October 14, 2009 at 5:52 pm

Yes, I know what you mean about getting behind your machine. Mine is still at the spa. I want it back!! I love what you did and it does look fallish.

angela
    October 14, 2009 at 6:14 pm

That just LOOKS like fall. It&#39;ll be so soft and snuggly I&#39;m sure!

Laurie Anne
    October 14, 2009 at 6:18 pm

What a great quilt Amy~ I love the colours and the way all the plaids get along. It would be great to snuggle underneath it with a great book. πŸ™‚

CJ
    October 14, 2009 at 6:38 pm

I love that plaid quilt! Looks so cozy. πŸ˜€

Allie
    October 14, 2009 at 6:38 pm

I love the plaids, they look so cozy and warm.

Lynnie
    October 14, 2009 at 6:51 pm

Ooo, I like. Really. And I&#39;m working on a way to come see your new sewing space, etc. Maybe I could even help get some of the rest of it unpacked…stay tuned.

searchfamilies
    October 15, 2009 at 2:40 am

Both are really nice but the Plaid i really do love very nice<br />Hugs Janice

Aunt Spicy
    October 15, 2009 at 2:42 am

Yahoo! for getting out the sewing machine! I love simple patterns that have a big impact through color choices like in your quilt! And so excited that you are gust blogging!

Katy
    October 15, 2009 at 3:59 am

it does look like fall! Perfect! Love the HSTs. What is it about those? They make me so happy!

AllisonK
    October 15, 2009 at 7:38 am

definitely looks like fall. Love the plaids.

Tender Mercies
    October 15, 2009 at 8:08 am

Amy, I love it! LOVE it! I so so so wish I had time to sew… maybe I can squeeze in some time after I give this presentation in Philly next week… Songs and Flowers of the Wasatch (poetry book written for the 1893 Chicago World&#39;s Fair)… at least it&#39;s a fun topic!

Sherri
    October 15, 2009 at 9:03 am

Love your perfect fall quilt! It is always good to get back behind the machine after being away for a while!

Molly
    October 15, 2009 at 11:06 am

Oh I&#39;m so excited! I just ordered one of your Amy Butler kits from the shop…can&#39;t wait to get it! πŸ™‚

Adam and Bri
    October 15, 2009 at 1:44 pm

Hi Amy! It&#39;s Briana (from Communal, remember?). Your husband sent me your blog link, and I&#39;ve spent the last few minutes perusing past posts. What a fun blog! You&#39;re a crafty writer, you are. :)<br /><br />Anyway, just wanted to say hi! I&#39;ll see you on my Google Reader.

Rae Ann
    October 15, 2009 at 2:12 pm

I really love your quilts! I especially love the blue that you added to the fall quilt. I am happy to see that you are getting some quilting done. <br />I am away right now, but as soon as I get back I plan to join you in getting some things done. <br />Amy, be sure to go over to my blog and sign up for my &quot;Mystery Giveaway&quot;. I know you would LOVE what I am bringing home!:)

Lisa @ Life with 4!
    October 15, 2009 at 3:37 pm

the quilt looks great! it&#39;s exactly what I like…. plaids, country, rustic… the best!!

why not sew?
    October 16, 2009 at 6:56 am

I love the plaids! Really, Really love the plaids!

Amy - Park City Girl
    October 18, 2009 at 11:22 pm

Love the fall look! Did you get the orange borders on yet – I think that sounds perfect πŸ™‚

Leslie
    October 20, 2009 at 9:27 pm

my grandpa passed away about a month ago, and i have been thinking about making quilts for all his children, my aunts and uncles, from his clothes and this plaid quilt you made is perfect…i have been searching around for ideas but sometimes i find true inspiration. i am filing this away so that if this idea works out i can find this quilt again.

tracey
    October 21, 2009 at 12:07 pm

I just stumbled across your blog today – I can&#39;t even remember what link lead here!<br /><br />I just wanted to leave a little note to say what a wonderful fall quilt! I just adore it! <br /><br />I&#39;ve added you to my blog roll and have been searching through your archives through my entire lunch. <br /><br />Tracey