And now back to your regularly scheduled quilt blog

Pictures from a Christmas open house last week at the shop where I work.
Complete with celebrities!
New bolts of Rouennerie and Astor Manor by Moda.
Yummy stuff.

These quilts come from a pattern company called Two Peas in a Pod.
Their quilts are wonderful!
Rae Ann (who was also there) has more pictures and information about them on her blog.Check out this adorable wreath made out of ric-rac!
In the blue is Bonnie Bailey. She and her mom,
Brenda, have Pie Plate Patterns and books.
Here is Lila Tueller, a designer for Moda.
She is a local gal – also lives in Orem, Utah.
Lila has amazing creations. Beautiful skirts and bags and fabric.
And she is such a lovely person.

And here is another celebrity: the actual dresden plate creations pictured in Kim WalusModa Bake Shop tutorial. They were even more darling in person. Kim is a regular at American Quilting, but let her creations stand in for herself that night as she was celebrating her husband’s birthday. (Good choice, Kim. You were missed though.)

This is another one of Kim’s MBS creations.

Fun stuff! Now I’m motivated to start all those handmade Christmas projects. 🙂

Kristine Hanson
    November 11, 2009 at 11:26 pm

the nativity in the first picture…any info you can give me…it is so hard to find any!!

Nina
    November 12, 2009 at 12:28 am

wow! just.. wow! those quilts are fantastic!! and have I mentioned recently just how jealous I am that you work in a quilt shop?!

Laurie, the girls and Scott
    November 12, 2009 at 1:29 am

Amy – I almost called you this morning for moral support. I needed to wash my giant scrap quilt and for some reason was afraid to do it. (Oh heavens, I need more sleep.) I washed it without hand-holding and it still looks great. Thanks for being my inspiration today.

Katy
    November 12, 2009 at 3:51 am

I want your job.<br /><br />I also really want to know what that last photo is of…best go search the bake shop!

Aunt Spicy
    November 12, 2009 at 4:34 am

Its just not fair. I want to live by a fun quilt store and hang out with people like you!

DeeRoo
    November 12, 2009 at 8:02 am

Hahahaha….when the first picture finally came up my first thought was yea, she&#39;s getting her sewing room together!:) Guess that&#39;s not your sewing room!:)<br /><br />Great pictures, our LQS was one of the top 4 stores nominated for small business of the year. They are having an open house on the <br />13th to celebrate but I won&#39;t be able to go. I really need to visit them more

Rae Ann
    November 12, 2009 at 8:13 am

Amy… Your pictures are great! It sure was a fun evening! I have also posted pictures of that fun evening and I have a link to where you can find those sweet girls. I&#39;ll see you today if you&#39;re there when I come for Amy&#39;s Cupboard class.

Terresa
    November 12, 2009 at 11:16 am

Love those skirts &amp; prints! Next time we&#39;re visiting family in Provo, I&#39;ll have to stop by your store. It looks like a fun place to muse &amp; create!

live a colorful life
    November 12, 2009 at 1:59 pm

Great stuff. Makes me want to put some Christmas music on…

Sherri
    November 12, 2009 at 8:40 pm

Fun post!!! Could you e-mail me the ph number to the shop…think I must order that Christmas Wreath rick rack pattern!!!

The Quilt Buddy
    November 13, 2009 at 8:53 am

Hi Amy!<br /><br />Looks like you work in an awesome shop! I don&#39;t know how you have any self control working around all of the fabric. If I worked there I am sure that my paycheck would be about 50 cents!<br /><br />Have a good weekend!

amylouwho
    November 14, 2009 at 8:48 am

I&#39;m coming to Utah in January and I&#39;m absolutely bringing my mom down to see this shop in person! Yeah!!

jaybird
    November 18, 2009 at 10:55 pm

looks like you had lots of fun… if you want to send me some of that french general that would be just fine 😉

Nanette Merrill and daughters
    November 19, 2009 at 6:08 pm

Kim is amazing. I wish I had come.

Linda Augsburg
    November 28, 2009 at 10:25 pm

I do love that rickrack wreath!