Just what I needed

First of all, many, MANY thanks for the generous and thoughtful comments. It’s so nice to know that people have “been there” and understand. And they don’t think you’re a total flake. And more importantly, many thanks for your prayers for Sarah. They are much appreciated.

Second: I made it out of town this past weekend. My husband had a conference in San Diego and the plan has been for me to go with him for a couple of days, but things were touch and go because of sick kids. My children have a gift for only getting ear infections right before my husband and I have a trip planned – which is really rare. But at the last minute (almost literally) the boy perked up and my brave parents were willing to take over.

I didn’t realize how desperate things were until I slept 10 hours straight the first night. lol. A trip to the beach with a book (my high school copy of P&P), a lot of fish tacos, and some time with my husband were just what we needed.

Beautiful Bliss! So happy you had some fun and were able to get away for some R&R. Love the picture collage, so beachy and dreamy. Sigh…

The get away is just what you needed. I'm so glad you had the opportunity and took advantage of the chance. The R&R will help you be a better mother, wife, sister, and friend.

Showoff!;)<br /><br />I&#39;m jealous. That is what my husband and I want to do for our next big trip (which seems to only happens every 10 years or so)is to drive the whole left coast!:)<br /><br />Your pictures are great. Glad you had good weather and 10 hours of sleep!!<br /><br />Yeah for brave grandparents!

Oh I am SOOO jealous. I LOVE San Diego, we spent 3 weeks on Coronado and I never wanted to leave.Your Pictures are fabulous, and you look happy and well rested. Glad you got much needed R&amp;R. Us moms tend to forget about ourselves.

Lovely pics, sounds like a lot of rest &amp; a relaxing getaway. <br /><br />DId you stay @ Hotel del (the pic makes me think, yes!). Love Coronado, esp the way the bridge over takes my breath away. Every time. (We lived in San Diego for 4 yrs &amp; we miss it like CrAzY!) <br /><br />PS: I know a great cookie place in Hillcrest (not far from SD Zoo) if you&#39;re interested. We stop by

San D is my favorite place in the world!….and fish tacos are so addictive!<br /><br /><br />if you get a chance you must go to these quilt stores…..Country Loft and Rosie&#39;s Calico Cupboard. They are about a mile away from each other and it is worth the trip! Country loft has a website and you will just fall in LOVE!

Love the Hotel del Coronado. Did you get any spa time while you were there? My husband and I spent a week there last fall, and it was fantastic. Or did you do their Sunday brunch? Decadent and fantastic.

I just read the previous post as well as this one. I&#39;m glad you had some alone time, to sleep too! (I did the same thing when my husband and I took an overnighter – 12 hours!!!)<br /><br />I hope your friend is doing better. I know how challenging this can be (from personal experience). But the body is amazing and I believe if she is young and healthy she will get better. Prayers def.

It is the Hotel del Coronado. Such a beauty! We didn&#39;t stay there – just went for a visit on Saturday afternoon. I did stay there once when I was a little girl and I thought I was staying in a castle. I love that place. Thanks for all the great SD suggestions! This trip was so quick that all I did was veg – but next time I&#39;m hitting quilt shops and cookie places too!