Wrapping up November

This weekend was lovely. I spent most of it hiding from my computer,
some of it holed-up at my sewing machine
and none of it at the mall.
I finished the top for my Ireland quilt and I’m pleased with the results.
Here’s a little sneak peak.
I’m sure it will be 1,000 times better when it’s quilted though.
Debating whether to tackle it (and potentially ruin it) myself or wait through the Christmas rush until someone else can do it.
We shall see.
Thanksgiving was so nice. I think it’s one of my favorite holidays.
I love to just hang out with people I like and eat good food.
And I didn’t totally ruin the turkey – it was edible.
After dinner instead of roasting chestnuts by an open fire, my awesome family assembled IKEA furniture for me.
Well the men did while us women-folk tried to heard/distract the young ‘uns (who wanted to “help”) in the basement.
I love my family.

Comments

The flag quilt is awesome! I love how they are all random looking.<br /><br />And that is a great post-Thanksgiving meal activity! That Ikea stuff takes a bit of work. Hurray for the guys!

I love how the quilt top turned out… and it&#39;s always infinitely prettier when it&#39;s quilted. <br /><br />My husband isn&#39;t any help with putting Ikea furniture together lol He just gets frustrated and starts banging things around.

Love the quilt! Love Ikea too! Hubby and I have put many pieces together. They are really built well. But it is great that you didn&#39;t have to put this piece together.

Yep…Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday too….everyone together…good food, good conversation, a game or two!:) Ours was rainy and incredibly foggy so we felt like we were in our own little world on top of my in-laws hill!:)<br /><br />Love the quilt…no hurry with it….put it aside and wait until you have time to totally devote your full attention to it…I think you would be happier if

I love the new quilt that you are making. So different than your usual colors. I&#39;m glad you had such a nice Thanksgiving, and wouldn&#39;t you know, they built Ikea right as I moved from Draper. I go in there every time I drive back up north to see family and friends. Love that place.

Your quilt is coming along beautifully! <br />I could probably squeeze it in for quilting, if you really want it done for Christmas.<br />Good luck, it looks great!