For a little baker

Another Christmas project to share.
This is the one I gave a sneak peek of here.

When I first showed it to my husband he said,
“Oh, very Cath Kidston.”
(Insert applause here.)
If you only knew how truly impressive this observation was.
My husband is a man of many talents,
but color and design observation is not one of his natural gifts.

We have a future gourmet at our house. She loves to pour over cook books.
So she needed some new accessories. I made the apron all from fabrics in the stash. (Yes!)
Don’t ask me where this blue with roses fabric came from
- it’s from my mom’s stash and I think she bought it in Europe a few years ago.
(Those Europeans are always so avant garde!)
This girl also loves red, so I wanted to use her favorite colors.
She’s also a girly-girl so she needed a little glam on the apron, hence the ruffles.
The adorable play-bakeware came from Ikea.
And speaking of red and aqua, I got my hands on some more of the elusive aqua-with-roses fabric from the original baby quilt kits.
I listed some new kits in the etsy shop with this yardage for backs.

Comments

Hmmm… my husband has the sounds just like your hubby, not very blessed with certain "natural gifts". Love the apron, too cute! Get her cooking now, soon she will be making dinner for the family.

My husband wouldn't have a clue! You've trained well. That little apron and tools are adorable!! I never did have girls and someday hope for a grand daughter to spoil with pretties like this!

Very cute! My husband learned very quickly how much to "gush" when I'd show a new quilt top to him. He has it perfected and if someone else isn't gushing up to par he'll let them know- "she won't put it away until you've got it right!" :) He has picked up a lot over the years (not many socks tho'–sorry couldn't resist)about quilting and fabric,

Some of my fondest memories are of creating dishes with my children as they were growing up. Now I've added my grandchildren to the mix. Nice apron!

And did you read that Cath Kidston is receiving an OBE or MBE or CBE from the Queen this year? Nice. <br /><br />Lovely projects, by the way. :-)

Very cute. Love the colors, love the ruffles. Love the Ikea set, too. I wanted a little rolling pin like that to go with the felt pizza set I gave my son for Christmas, but I only needed the rolling pin, not the other cutesie stuff. It&#39;s been awhile since I&#39;ve visited your blog. I can see that I need to come by more often!