For a little baker

Another Christmas project to share.
This is the one I gave a sneak peek of here.

When I first showed it to my husband he said,
“Oh, very Cath Kidston.”
(Insert applause here.)
If you only knew how truly impressive this observation was.
My husband is a man of many talents,
but color and design observation is not one of his natural gifts.

We have a future gourmet at our house. She loves to pour over cook books.
So she needed some new accessories. I made the apron all from fabrics in the stash. (Yes!)
Don’t ask me where this blue with roses fabric came from
– it’s from my mom’s stash and I think she bought it in Europe a few years ago.
(Those Europeans are always so avant garde!)
This girl also loves red, so I wanted to use her favorite colors.
She’s also a girly-girl so she needed a little glam on the apron, hence the ruffles.
The adorable play-bakeware came from Ikea.
And speaking of red and aqua, I got my hands on some more of the elusive aqua-with-roses fabric from the original baby quilt kits.
I listed some new kits in the etsy shop with this yardage for backs.

January 4, 2010 at 6:48 am

Hmmm… my husband has the sounds just like your hubby, not very blessed with certain "natural gifts". Love the apron, too cute! Get her cooking now, soon she will be making dinner for the family.

Quilt Hollow
    January 4, 2010 at 8:36 am

My husband wouldn't have a clue! You've trained well. That little apron and tools are adorable!! I never did have girls and someday hope for a grand daughter to spoil with pretties like this!

January 4, 2010 at 8:38 am

So darn cute! I want one just like it! What a lucky girl.

Dawn W.
    January 4, 2010 at 9:25 am

What a darling apron – I love how it's so girly without being too girly. Very cute!

January 4, 2010 at 9:35 am

That is just too cute. Can't start them cooking too early. Happy 2010

January 4, 2010 at 10:02 am

Very cute! My husband learned very quickly how much to "gush" when I'd show a new quilt top to him. He has it perfected and if someone else isn't gushing up to par he'll let them know- "she won't put it away until you've got it right!" πŸ™‚ He has picked up a lot over the years (not many socks tho'–sorry couldn't resist)about quilting and fabric,

3 sweet P's
    January 4, 2010 at 10:17 am

Adorable, I love it!!! You did a fabulous job! Aprons are one of my favorite things to make, I love the detail of the ruffles!

January 4, 2010 at 10:27 am

Some of my fondest memories are of creating dishes with my children as they were growing up. Now I've added my grandchildren to the mix. Nice apron!

Mary on Lake Pulaski
    January 4, 2010 at 10:31 am

What a fabulous Christmas gift Amy! And I really want that quilt kit, but need to decide if I can swing it.<br />It&#39;s awesome.

I Love Baby Quilts!
    January 4, 2010 at 11:02 am

Very cute! I&#39;ve been trying to teach my husband fabric stuff too. He can recognize stuff I like from stuff I don&#39;t!

January 4, 2010 at 11:08 am

Super cute! Wish I had a little girl to frill up!

January 4, 2010 at 12:43 pm

And did you read that Cath Kidston is receiving an OBE or MBE or CBE from the Queen this year? Nice. <br /><br />Lovely projects, by the way. πŸ™‚

live a colorful life
    January 4, 2010 at 2:04 pm

That gift looks perfect. And red and aqua–I never get tired of it!

January 4, 2010 at 7:28 pm

Very cute I hope you little baker will ejoy it while she preparing some delious sweets!

Nanette Merrill and daughters
    January 5, 2010 at 11:58 am

Now there is a comment from a man that has been taught well.

January 26, 2010 at 2:34 pm

Very cute. Love the colors, love the ruffles. Love the Ikea set, too. I wanted a little rolling pin like that to go with the felt pizza set I gave my son for Christmas, but I only needed the rolling pin, not the other cutesie stuff. It&#39;s been awhile since I&#39;ve visited your blog. I can see that I need to come by more often!