I’m a Happy Camper

Finally the Happy Camper quilt is finished!
Uh, I think I started this one back in October.
This one is not for me again.
Another one for American Quilting – the shop where I work.
Now I need to finish cutting kits.
Then I’m going to get caught up on some of my own projects!
The back. A little random.
But those truly look like Happy Campers, don’t they?
Don’t you just love American Jane?
I think this is the 7th American Jane quilt I’ve made.
So, yes. I’m a little obsessed.
I hope she makes more vintage kids stuff again!
But until then, I’ve got a bit of a stash of her stuff to keep me going for a while.
Kits will hopefully be available from American Quilting next week.
(If I can get my rear in gear and finish the pattern. Rarr.)

Speaking of American Quilting, did you know they are hosting a retreat in the middle of February? There are details here. If you can’t come to the whole retreat, there is space to sign-up for the individual classes. There are some seriously talented teachers this year! I’m going to take wonderful Nanette’s Kettles class! I wish you could all come with me.

And, I’m going to learn how to make these purses.
Awesome.

Comments

well, I have an American Jane quilt that is still sat waiting for me to finish piecing it…since mid last year? Yikes. Love happy campers, I haven&#39;t managed to cut into mine yet. Too precious ;)<br /><br />Wish I could come to the retreat. Sounds like a heap of fun!!!

oh the little clutch purses look like something wonderful to learn to make!Happy Camper quilt is really sweet-I love how you pieced the backing too.

The pictures of the retreat are killing me! How I wish I could come! I would want to take both of those classes too, and I would add in Lori&#39;s applique cake.

Oh my gravy!!! That quilt is great!<br />I&#39;d love to get my hands on some of that fabric….. hmmmm…. it would be good for… curtains for the camp trailer, a picnic quilt, a fun bag, cute skirts for the girls……. <br />I guess I better keep my eyes open for it.<br />Wonderful job as usual, Amy!

Great quilt! I&#39;m so glad I am not alone in having projects that hang around for a &quot;while!&quot;<br /><br />I&#39;m green with envy here that you&#39;re taking a class with Nanette. Wish I could come to the retreat!

OMGOSH!!! I&#39;m on overload! You have so many quilts that just SPEAK to me! I just need more time…money…and time! I don&#39;t know how I found your blog but I&#39;m sure glad I did – it&#39;s great – thanks for all the inspiration! xo, Nan

That camper quilt reminds me of the one I made for Lane for his mission, you know, the fishing one. I wonder if he still has that… probably not but that was the first and technically, only, quilt I ever made so I hope it&#39;s not destroyed.

Love your quilt! I e-mailed Amy…and hopefully will be able to come next year…if I find out the dates early enough I think I can arrange it…meanwhile, I&#39;m hoping there&#39;s a leftover kit for Lori&#39;s project…I e-mailed about that too!

Hey Amy…can&#39;t wait for the retreat. I am getting so excited!<br />I love your darling camper quilt. The purses are so fabulous…I sure do want to learn to make them.

I have a layer cake and a yard from that line. I NEED TO USE IT! Sweet quilt Amy. Thanks for the plug. I hope people sign up. I need to go over and sign up for the purse class and get some fabric tomorrow. I keep saying that but it is real now.

Apparently I am about a year late in commenting here but this deserves a comment. I LOVE THIS QUILT! And it is one that you should of course take camping with you, use for sitting out by bonfires and hayrides, etc. :-)