I’m a Happy Camper

Finally the Happy Camper quilt is finished!
Uh, I think I started this one back in October.
This one is not for me again.
Another one for American Quilting – the shop where I work.
Now I need to finish cutting kits.
Then I’m going to get caught up on some of my own projects!
The back. A little random.
But those truly look like Happy Campers, don’t they?
Don’t you just love American Jane?
I think this is the 7th American Jane quilt I’ve made.
So, yes. I’m a little obsessed.
I hope she makes more vintage kids stuff again!
But until then, I’ve got a bit of a stash of her stuff to keep me going for a while.
Kits will hopefully be available from American Quilting next week.
(If I can get my rear in gear and finish the pattern. Rarr.)

Speaking of American Quilting, did you know they are hosting a retreat in the middle of February? There are details here. If you can’t come to the whole retreat, there is space to sign-up for the individual classes. There are some seriously talented teachers this year! I’m going to take wonderful Nanette’s Kettles class! I wish you could all come with me.

And, I’m going to learn how to make these purses.

January 27, 2010 at 6:50 am

Yes, I love America Jane!! Beautiful quilt! So wish I lived closer so that I could attend the retreat.

January 27, 2010 at 7:08 am

Such a sweet quilt.<br />Oh and those purses – too cute!<br />:o) Trish

January 27, 2010 at 7:09 am

cute quilt! After you learn how to make those purses, will you teach me?

Sew Create It - Jane
    January 27, 2010 at 7:10 am

Gorgeous quilt…love the little purses too..I&#39;d love to learn how to make those…but I wouldn&#39;t have a clue where to start! :o)

January 27, 2010 at 7:10 am

well, I have an American Jane quilt that is still sat waiting for me to finish piecing it…since mid last year? Yikes. Love happy campers, I haven&#39;t managed to cut into mine yet. Too precious ;)<br /><br />Wish I could come to the retreat. Sounds like a heap of fun!!!

January 27, 2010 at 7:16 am

those little purses are beautiful. and your happy camper quilt is so pretty. i love it. you are so lucky to work in a quilt shop

January 27, 2010 at 7:54 am

oh the little clutch purses look like something wonderful to learn to make!Happy Camper quilt is really sweet-I love how you pieced the backing too.

January 27, 2010 at 8:08 am

Oh, what an awesome quilt. It&#39;s just beautiful.

Laurie Anne
    January 27, 2010 at 8:26 am

Oh Amy! I just love this quilt! and those little purses are divine! you must show us how! xox

January 27, 2010 at 9:07 am

The pictures of the retreat are killing me! How I wish I could come! I would want to take both of those classes too, and I would add in Lori&#39;s applique cake.

January 27, 2010 at 9:08 am

Oh, by the way, you need to delete the comment above mine. Looks like you&#39;ve been spam attacked.

The Quilt Buddy
    January 27, 2010 at 9:27 am

I also love American Jane! I think that my favorite line was WEE-Play. Great job with the quilt!<br /><br />BTW-Lcky you to get to take Nanette&#39;s class! I love her!

Stacy (S.E.W.Butterfly)
    January 27, 2010 at 9:52 am

Love the quilt! Have fun making those cute purses!

live a colorful life
    January 27, 2010 at 9:55 am

Lisa @ Life with 4!
    January 27, 2010 at 10:47 am

Oh my gravy!!! That quilt is great!<br />I&#39;d love to get my hands on some of that fabric….. hmmmm…. it would be good for… curtains for the camp trailer, a picnic quilt, a fun bag, cute skirts for the girls……. <br />I guess I better keep my eyes open for it.<br />Wonderful job as usual, Amy!

January 27, 2010 at 11:09 am

Great quilt! I&#39;m so glad I am not alone in having projects that hang around for a &quot;while!&quot;<br /><br />I&#39;m green with envy here that you&#39;re taking a class with Nanette. Wish I could come to the retreat!

January 27, 2010 at 11:10 am

January 27, 2010 at 11:13 am

Wow I&#39;m glad I&#39;m not the only American Jane obsessed quilter here in blog land. 🙂 I can&#39;t get enough of it and I love your quilt! -Allison

Blue Is Bleu
    January 27, 2010 at 11:55 am

Beautiful job Amy! I made a family friend&#39;s granddaughter a quilt from Happy Campers and her parents loved it.

January 27, 2010 at 2:09 pm

Those vintage style purses are lovely. And your quilt is very pretty, love the fabric.

January 27, 2010 at 5:04 pm

Lucky you getting to make those purses. You quilt came out very cute too. :^)

January 27, 2010 at 6:08 pm

OMGOSH!!! I&#39;m on overload! You have so many quilts that just SPEAK to me! I just need more time…money…and time! I don&#39;t know how I found your blog but I&#39;m sure glad I did – it&#39;s great – thanks for all the inspiration! xo, Nan

January 27, 2010 at 9:13 pm

Love your quilt! I e-mailed Amy…and hopefully will be able to come next year…if I find out the dates early enough I think I can arrange it…meanwhile, I&#39;m hoping there&#39;s a leftover kit for Lori&#39;s project…I e-mailed about that too!

Sarah Jane
    January 27, 2010 at 9:13 pm

That camper quilt reminds me of the one I made for Lane for his mission, you know, the fishing one. I wonder if he still has that… probably not but that was the first and technically, only, quilt I ever made so I hope it&#39;s not destroyed.

Rae Ann
    January 28, 2010 at 1:47 am

Hey Amy…can&#39;t wait for the retreat. I am getting so excited!<br />I love your darling camper quilt. The purses are so fabulous…I sure do want to learn to make them.

January 28, 2010 at 12:05 pm

The quilt is darling! I was at a loss as to what to do with those pannels.

Nanette Merrill and daughters
    January 28, 2010 at 12:19 pm

I have a layer cake and a yard from that line. I NEED TO USE IT! Sweet quilt Amy. Thanks for the plug. I hope people sign up. I need to go over and sign up for the purse class and get some fabric tomorrow. I keep saying that but it is real now.

February 2, 2010 at 4:51 pm

Looks fab! I love it!

February 12, 2010 at 12:11 am

Tell us more about learning to make those fabulous little purses. maybe a step by step tutorial (plz???).

~The Bargain Babe
    January 19, 2011 at 2:49 pm

Apparently I am about a year late in commenting here but this deserves a comment. I LOVE THIS QUILT! And it is one that you should of course take camping with you, use for sitting out by bonfires and hayrides, etc. 🙂

April 13, 2012 at 5:03 pm

This comment has been removed by the author.

Muhammad Zahid Iqbal
    May 2, 2012 at 3:50 am

That quilt is so cute. Yes, I have a stash of American Jane fabric (and a few patterns) myself. The vintage colors are just perfect. And quilt retreats are the best! <a href="http://beautytherapyinfo.com&quot; rel="nofollow">beauty career</a> l <a href="http://beautytherapyinfo.com/massage-therapist-salary&quot; rel="nofollow">massage wage</a>