“It will be my first party, Father!”

First of all, three cheers (and maybe a little surprise) for the first person who can tell me what movie the title of this post is from.
Sorry – that sentence is probably not grammatically correct.
2010 brings me to my first online quilting bee.
I am SO excited.
I feel humbled to be in the same group as these talented women.
And totally stoked.
The way it works: each quilter has “their” month where they send fabric to the other 11 quilters and gives them instructions and photos to inspire the blocks they would like for their quilt.
Saturday afternoon I received my first package of fabric in the mail from Rebekah.
I was so giddy that I sat right down to sew.
I have always wanted to do some improv log cabin blocks and now I am officially hooked.
I can’t wait to do more for myself.
I also can’t wait to have my own bee quilt.
Still deciding on my inspiration.
I think these amazing women will provide lots of it.
Did I mention that I’m excited?

Comments

The sound of music :) I adore that movie…it&#39;s a tradition around here that we always watch it on my birthday in April.<br /><br />The blocks are so much fun! Love the colours and pattern you have chosen. You have quite the knack! xx

Wowser…those look great…aren&#39;t log cabin blocks fun?!:)<br /><br />Should have figured out the quote right away…we are always singing the song &quot;How do you solve a problem like Maria&quot; to our Maria!:)

I joined my first online quilting bee this year as well. I&#39;ve done block exchanges and that was really fun too, but this will expand my creative boundaries and that will be a good thing. Your blocks are awesome!

&#39;Sound of Music&#39; but lots of others got it before me!<br />Those fabrics are really wild! I love Log Cabin patterns in just about every permutatuion I&#39;ve seen. The Quilting Bee sounds really good, I can see why you are so excited about it!

This sounds almost like a One Block Pizza Challenge…I joined one of those last year and it was a blast…The only difference was we had to pull fabrics from stash, we didnt send all of our own fabric…just one fabric for the rest to share.<br /><br />I LOVE the fabrics in these blocks!! I have got to step OUTSIDE of my traditional self!!

Your blocks are gorgeous! I&#39;m so glad you joined us :)<br /><br />Btw my hubs is going to be mad at you cos I&#39;m now singing tunes from Sound of Music and I believe this will continue all day… and maybe weekend haha! Need to watch it again!

too funny – I&#39;ve never visited your blog before but HAD to click on it BECAUSE of the title i saw (on the sidebar of a different blog) We are a little obsessed with the Sound of Music at present – my daughter first watched it (start to finish) when she was 3 and 2.5 years later it is still the only movie she&#39;ll watch!!! now if you&#39;ll excuse me – i need to go read about this quilting