More baby gifts and other winter fun

A few recent baby gifts.
I’ve been on a burp-cloth making kick lately.
A good scrap buster and a cute gift.
Next week I’ll share my favorite quick method for making these handy gifts.
Also included with this one is a handmade taggie-like blanket backed with minkie.
I won’t be sharing how I made that because I don’t want the creators to sue me.
(But they’re super easy.)
This set included a nursing cover.
Also a quick, handy gift for a new mom.
(But I’m always a little worried about giving
it unless I’m sure they’re nursing.
I don’t want anyone to think I’m a lactivist.
But me, I was a nurser so I love those things.)
And just in case you were in the mood for some winter scenery,
here are a couple of shots from a recent venture up the
near-by canyon that was last seen in it’s fall splendor here.
We got in a little sledding, a little snow-ball throwing, and a lot of good, clean air. And fun.

Many thanks again for your kind words and thoughts on the Ireland quilt and it’s recipients.
You are all so kind.

A.
    January 13, 2010 at 8:58 pm

*intake of breath* love the HR busses burp cloth! I'd love to have my face smooshed up against that if I were a baby.

Erica
    January 13, 2010 at 10:05 pm

What a great idea! People are always having me make gift baskets for new babies. These would be perfect to add. I am going to pick some fabric from my stash right now.

Nedra
    January 13, 2010 at 10:50 pm

So sorry to hear about your friend. The quilt is beautiful and I&#39;m sure will bring such comfort. <br />I need to make some of those burp cloths!

why not sew?
    January 14, 2010 at 6:56 am

I&#39;d love to see how you make the burp clothes. Lactivist, LOL. That was funny. I&#39;ve never heard it before.

amandasasikirana
    January 14, 2010 at 7:15 am

I love everything! especially that nursing cover.

Melissa
    January 14, 2010 at 7:18 am

I love them!!!<br />What fabric is that one with the little vans on it? It&#39;s so dang cute!<br />I had to giggle at your nursing cover comment…I&#39;m sure they will love it nursing or not!

Diane
    January 14, 2010 at 7:35 am

Gasp–that canyon view–you do know how amazing that is –your family sled riding with that as a back drop!

Barbara Myltschenko
    January 14, 2010 at 7:48 am

Too cute. Can I put my order in now? I should do them myself, but it&#39;s never as much fun!

angela
    January 14, 2010 at 8:39 am

LOVE THAT MOUNTAIN!!! And a great use for scraps – you&#39;ve inspired me to stash some of those burp cloths away for the next baby gift!

Nanette Merrill and daughters
    January 14, 2010 at 10:11 am

I&#39;ve been meaning to sew some of these for my granddaughter. I need to do that!

Nichole
    January 14, 2010 at 10:15 am

cute baby gifts. that taggie website seems to be up in arms about people making homemade versions. i once saw a pattern for something similar in &quot;simple sewing for baby&quot;.

felicity.quilts
    January 14, 2010 at 12:13 pm

Nothing wrong with being a lactivist – wish there were more so that more women had the support necessary to increase breastfeeding rates!<br /><br />Oh, and super-cute burp cloths and blankies. Love that buses fabric. I scored a little jumper at a thrift store for my daughter that used the blue colourway of that fabric. The jumper&#39;s now too small for her and I&#39;m trying to decide if I

Bingham family blog
    January 14, 2010 at 5:34 pm

I miss those mountains-thanks for the picture. Love the idea of burp clothes to go with a cute blanket.

Terresa
    January 15, 2010 at 2:56 pm

That orange and white print fabric is delicious. It has me in a snit, it is that amazing gorgeous. Fresh. Ahhhh.<br /><br />&quot;Lactivist&quot; — just that word makes me smile (yeah, I nursed my kids pretty hard core, too, back in the day).<br /><br />And thanks for the mountain scenery pics. Looks like fun. We haven&#39;t snowmobiled or skiied yet this winter yet but hope to do our

Aunt Spicy
    January 16, 2010 at 7:23 pm

Can I just move into those photos of the canyons and snow? So beautiful!<br /><br />Ohhhhh, will any of the buses print be in your destash sale?