What I got for Christmas

I know all of you people out there in blogland have been dying to know what I got for Christmas. Well, your wait is finally over. First of all, on Christmas morning I opened the front door to my lovely home and felt gratitude for one of the best presents I’ve ever received. I also received a few other fun little quilty things that are very handy to have on hand. (Somewhat telling that it’s the seam-ripper that is already out of it’s packaging.)

As you’re admiring this picture I know what you’re thinking. “Sure those are some great notions, but what is that wonderful vintage fabric underneath them??”
Well, let me show you what my wonderful mother-in-law sent me. Vintage sheets! Not only was I excited to receive such beauties, but I was so touched by the personalized gift. I am quite sure no one else on her shopping list wanted old, thrift-store bed sheets. But she knew that I did and she spent the time to track some beauties down and send them all the way from Maryland just for me!

One of them was still in the packaging!!
For any of you vintage-sheet newbies out there, this is like the holy grail of thrift-store finds.
All the vintage goodness completely unsullied by any other person!
This is my first!
And look how pretty it is!
(Sorry you can’t see more.
I had to preserve it’s authenticity – I didn’t even want to unfold it all the way.)

The nice thing about no one else really being as excited about this particular gift
is that no one in my family has tried to steal them (unlike my chocolate orange which my
8-year-old ate with out telling me. But my nice husband let me have his, so I’m okay.)

Also: dinosaurs.
How awesome is that??

Thank you again Rosemary!

Comments

OK….give it up…where did your mil get those sheets? I NEED to know!!:)<br /><br />My parents used to have the rose sheets…the one that hadn&#39;t been opened….oh…memories! Who&#39;d have thunk it that I would be wishing I had those sheets now?!!:)

Great gifts! That clover seam ripper is my favorite notion. Did you know that they get dull? I didn&#39;t until a few years back; it was something in a LQS newsletter. Now I &#39;gift&#39; myself with a new one every year or so. (You will think I do a lot of unsewing, but I think I&#39;m average in that dept.) They&#39;re really not that expensive and just like changing that dang rotary cutter

Having looked a few times for vintage sheets, I know what a hunt it really is – and have pretty much given up for now. What a wonderful present, for her to do all that hunting! She really came up with some treasures!

Great vintage sheets!! Something I&#39;m always on the look out for as well. And that Clover seam ripper, a favorite!! Way to go on snatching up some awesome treasures!<br /><br />Always,<br />Katy

Oh, I got goosebumps for you!!! My quilty friend Dee gave me vintage sheets for Christmas too!! What a wonderful gift. I leave mine setting out so that I can enjoy their goodness!! Eye candy.<br /><br />Blessings,<br />KT

Memory lane! The bottom sheet is the exact fabric my mom used to make my sister and I bedspreads and curtains. For Christmas this year she wrapped my present in the sole survivor of that bedset – a pillow case. I love it!

I poached a bunch of sheets from my mother&#39;s garage sale and have one that keeps stretching and stretching . I have now made a little challenge to myself to see just how many projects I can work it into until I run out of it!!

Darling sheets. I love your Christmas presents. Mike gave me a strange look when I asked for extra bobbins for my sewing machine, but luckily he got them for me. Yeah!

WOW! Santa&#39;s Helper did an awesome job! What a nice gesture and how special is it that she went out in search of something that she knew you would love. And not to mention the fact that she found you an unopened package!<br /><br />LOVE the dinosaurs! Dinosaurs are hot at my house right now.

Now that is the best gift ever – the thoughtfulness that went into it is as much as a present as the sheets themselves! I&#39;m sure you will do something wonderful with them:)

The Clover Seam Ripper is the best in the world…and no I don&#39;t work for Clover but do own a Quilt Shop and I sell a ton of these…I love, Love, Love them..

ok, if anyone touched my chocolate orange, they had better watch their backs!!! DAnger!! ha ha<br /><br />And the dinosaur brings back memories of when my guys were little. Their grandma made them crib-size quilts with the same fabric. One with blue border and the other with red border. THey are now stored away until the boys have boys of their own.<br /><br />looks like you had a good Christmas!

I love the first sheet pictured!!! My very best friend had these sheets on her canopy bed when we were in the third and fourth grade!! This post brought back wonderful nostalgic emotions for me…something so simple as bed sheets. :)

The yellow, pink, blue &amp; green print sheets? My sister and I slept on the exact same print sheets, on our single beds, back in the early 1980&#39;s. Yeow, small world!