Do you think Cath would approve?

Remember last week when I was inspired by Katy’s Dresden blocks?
I decided to make one of my own.
And I decided to use Cath Kidston as my muse and make it bright and scrappy.
I used all pieces from my scraps/stash. And they’re all favorites.
I finished last night while watching the final episode of Emma.
It’s kind of huge.
I was originally intending to use this as a pillow but it’s about 18″ big.
Maybe I’ll frame it. Maybe I’ll put some borders on it and make it into a doll quilt.
Maybe I should make three more and make it into a wall hanging.
That’s actually sounding appealing to me.
I’ll surprise you. Suggestions are welcome.
And then there’s this. This is my first block from this quilt.
I LOVE it. I’m excited to try some funkier versions. But this is a happy start.

(It was a fun British weekend here. When I wasn’t running kids late to birthday parties, or celebrating my Dad’s and my Grandma’s birthdays while people were simultaneously watching the Super Bowl, or on the phone with Poison Control because we weren’t sure how much toilet bowl cleaner my poor 5-year-old splashed into his eye. Life is not dull.)

trish
    February 8, 2010 at 3:26 pm

Your dresden plate is beautiful! :o)<br />I love Cath Kidston! Wish I could find her things in the states. :o)<br />I hope the poison control was able to help you. That is scary. Things are never dull around here either. :o)<br />Sincerely ~ Trish

Patty
    February 8, 2010 at 3:40 pm

You do lead an rather interesting life. I tend to forget how exciting/frightening life can be with kids under 10 can be, then can just get into everything can&#39;t they?<br />Your Dresden block looks very nice.

Katy
    February 8, 2010 at 3:49 pm

sounds like you had an action packed weekend!!!<br /><br />I LOVE the dresden plate. Go on, make 3 more and turn it into a wallhanging, you know you should! And the Union Jack block is fab too. I really need to get my pattern out and have a go with it as well.

live a colorful life
    February 8, 2010 at 4:31 pm

Oh, you started Victory Garden.I&#39;m so glad you posted about that pattern–I ordered it right away. But I haven&#39;t started. Keep posting pictures as you make the blocks, please…

Blue Is Bleu
    February 8, 2010 at 5:50 pm

Ooh so cute! The fabrics for the dresden plates are just perfect. I&#39;ve been meaning to do some dresden plates… let&#39;s hope soon!

Aunt Spicy
    February 8, 2010 at 5:56 pm

1. I think framing the dresden would be adorable, in a funky bright colored frame!<br />2. Am DYING over the British flag! Must go buy that pattern ASAP.<br /><br />Oh, and Cath would totally be proud!

Diane
    February 8, 2010 at 6:43 pm

That block is sheer beauty. This is wonderful. I am leaning towards framing because that is apealing to me right now, but a wall hanging would be great too.

DeeRoo
    February 8, 2010 at 6:53 pm

Wall hanging, wall hanging, WALLLLLL hanging!:)

Karen
    February 8, 2010 at 7:38 pm

I love your &#39;victory garden&#39; block. I am very tempted to get myself a copy of the pattern.

Jackie
    February 8, 2010 at 7:38 pm

Just gorgeous! Anyone would approve. My daughter would just love that British flag in a quilt. Hmmmm… I might have to get that pattern. Hope all is well with your son.

amylouwho
    February 8, 2010 at 9:31 pm

LOVE it. And they have 20&quot; forms at IKEA – you could put on a small border….<br /><br />We had an exciting day around here too….

Nedra
    February 8, 2010 at 9:51 pm

I am seeing Dresden Plates everywhere, and I wish I had the time to make some too!<br />I hope your 5 year old is OK. My husband always says raising children in like herding cats. Just about the time you get one under control, another slips through your fingers.

erica
    February 8, 2010 at 10:18 pm

Love that Dresden! I have never attempted one but it&#39;s on my list. As for the Brit Block, I am totally inspired. I have been thinking about making a pillow for my sister like this, but a whole quilt? It&#39;s brilliant.

Leslie
    February 8, 2010 at 10:32 pm

oh i think that would make a lovely pillow…but a wall hanging sounds so pretty. i love the flag block you made. it is really lovely

Sew Create It - Jane
    February 9, 2010 at 12:33 am

Oh those are such gorgeous blocks…they will both make awesome quilts. I particularly like the union jack!

Nanette Merrill and daughters
    February 9, 2010 at 12:59 pm

Love both the dresden and the flag blocks. You could incorporate them both into a sampler or leave them. They are lovely. I&#39;ve always wanted to make the UK flag block like that.

Sherri
    February 9, 2010 at 6:23 pm

Love, love, love that Dresden block! Cath would definitely approve!

Mary on Lake Pulaski
    February 9, 2010 at 8:03 pm

Oh yes, Cath would approve. I think four of the Dresden&#39;s in a wall hanging would be great!

danaandthread
    February 9, 2010 at 9:42 pm

cath would totally approve. if only she would approve so much that she would bring her stuff back to the US!!! i do love that union jack block. so great.

jaybird
    February 9, 2010 at 10:47 pm

very nice start… i love the colors you put together

lifeinredshoes
    February 10, 2010 at 7:20 pm

I get so annoyed, p.o.ed really, that we can&#39;t get Cath here!

Karen
    February 11, 2010 at 10:43 pm

Love the Dresden block! I have made two Dresden quilts, so far.