Check out this hive of activity!
(Some interesting looking men walked in and asked if it was the Sewing Olympics.)

As I mentioned in my previously cranky post,
(Skip it if you haven’t already been bored to tears by it)
I went to my first-ever Quilt Retreat!
(Well, I went to about 15% of it.)
This was a 3-day, 2-night retreat at a hotel in Provo, Utah.
I couldn’t pull-off attending the whole thing, but because I have an in
(the retreat was hosted by American Quilting where I work occasionally)
they let me horn my way in for an afternoon/evening of sewing and socializing.
Lots of neat women there.
(Quilters are just fun people, you know?)
Including 4 other Amy’s (or Aimee’s).
Other talented folks with blogs you may read like Kim, Rae Ann, and Lori Holt.

This was Lori Holt’s sewing area.
See? She is just as cute in real life as her quilts!
Another reason I really wanted to attend this particular afternoon was because
Nanette Merrill of Freda’s Hive was doing a trunk show.It was so much fun for me to see Nanette’s quilts in real life
-many of which I’d admired from afar on her blog.
Nanette is as genuine and wonderful as she comes across on her blog. She’s a gem.
(And I was totally inspired by her quilts! You can see more of the trunk show here.
Here are some of the things I got done.
(Wow, it’s amazing what a person can do with 3 hours of uninterrupted sewing time.)
A few more of my Union Jack blocks.
And I finally pieced the top for my own daughter’s pink, red, and turquoise quilt.
All it needs now is the borders sewn on and it’s ready to quilt!Here is what I didn’t get done.
My little purse.
I did go to the class and purchase the clasp.
I spent the rest of that time pouring through Lori Holt’s stack of quilts.
WOW. They are amazing. I’ve never seen detail like hers.

Many thanks for all the kind wishes and blogger-editor commiseration.
(And helpful suggestions too!)
It’s nice to be among friends when you’re not having your finest moment.

Laurie, the girls and Scott
    February 22, 2010 at 5:19 pm

Amy! I love your union jacks! I've finished 3 so far. Let's go to London when we're done and show them off to our people.

February 22, 2010 at 5:29 pm

So much fun…glad you got to go if only for part…I'm sure it was worth every minute you got to spend! I've only seen a couple of Lori's quilts in person…but they are amazing…and Nanette's are so inspiring as well!

Margaret @ Konstant Kaos
    February 22, 2010 at 5:57 pm

Love your daughters quilt with the textured squares of chenille (spelling?). I'd love to go to a quilters retreat .. definately on my to-do list.

February 22, 2010 at 6:14 pm

Your first retreat? You have years ahead of fun to look forward to. I agree, having Kim, Nanette and Lori all in the same place is such a wonderful experience.

February 22, 2010 at 6:26 pm

Oh, it all looks so fabulous. You achieved a lot in the time you were there – so glad you enjoyed as Retreats are such fun!<br />Hugs – Lurline♥

Kim Walus
    February 22, 2010 at 6:57 pm

It was so fun to see you at the retreat. I just wish you had had more time to hang out with us. I barely had time to say hi and visit for a few minutes. Maybe next year you can come for the whole time.

The Quilt Buddy
    February 22, 2010 at 7:21 pm

Wow…what fun!!!…Jealous…Jealous!!

February 22, 2010 at 7:22 pm

thanks for sharing all those photos!!

Aunt Spicy
    February 22, 2010 at 8:44 pm

the union squares are fabulous!

live a colorful life
    February 22, 2010 at 10:42 pm

You&#39;re union jack blocks are fabulous. I can&#39;t wait to start mine. I leave Thursday morning for a whole weekend of quilting up in the mountains. Trying to get organized. And counting down the minutes. Can&#39;t wait! Isn&#39;t it so much fun??

February 22, 2010 at 11:05 pm

I love your fun site. I&#39;m wondering if I have possibly met you before? We attend the HMQS in Sandy every year, and I have a quilt shop in Panguitch UT.<br />Keep up the great work!

Denise :)
    February 23, 2010 at 6:34 am

How very fun! And what a coincidence, too — I went to my very first quilt retreat this weekend. Three nights and four glorious days; just twelve of us, but between us and the machines, the room was <i>humming</i>! Glad you had a good time; I did too! 🙂

February 23, 2010 at 12:25 pm

You should come to the Utah Valley Quilt Guild retreat in November. We could be roomies!

Sew Create It - Jane
    February 23, 2010 at 12:30 pm

Love those Union Jacks! Gorgeous!

Rae Ann
    February 23, 2010 at 3:35 pm

Congratulations Amy! You are the lucky number…100th follower on my blog. Head over to my blog…<br />Cutiepinwheel.blogspot.com and check out what you have won!<br />Thanks for sharing the pictures of the retreat. I wish I was back there right now with all of the fun women. I loved it that you were able to come for at least some of the time. Enjoyed seeing you and your mom!

February 23, 2010 at 4:53 pm

Glad you got to get away for some much needed sewing/girl time, even if it was only a short time. Love your Union Jack blocks. Lucky you to get to meet some of my favorite bloggers.

February 23, 2010 at 8:04 pm

ooooh – 3 hours of uninterrupted sewing time? What a dream! Your union jack&#39;s are DARLING. I can&#39;t wait to see it all finished.

Mary on Lake Pulaski
    February 23, 2010 at 9:17 pm

I&#39;d have a hard time getting anything done at a retreat with those amazing women! Glad you had fun.

Nanette Merrill and daughters
    March 4, 2010 at 3:08 pm

Aw, thanks for showing me and my quilts. It was really fun to be with you and the girls. What a nice retreat.