Fun in the Post

I’ve had some happy post (mail) recently.
Some expected, some unexpected.
First, I finally got my hands on a Kona color card thanks to Jackie. She has more available and a big selection of Kona fabric.  After buying a pile of Kona, I decided I wanted to be able to match colors. Wow, all that color is so inspiring.  And pretty.
Speaking of pretty, a new issue of Cath Kidston arrived.
Make’s one so excited for Spring.
You can totally get your hands on one of these too (for free) if you go here!
This one was a surprise! My very own pair of Vancouver Olympic mittens! AAHHHH! These were sent by my Vancouver blog-pen-pal, Barb. We first exchanged communication about Mr. Roboto last summer. With the Olympics last month, we chatted more.  She observed my Olympic fanaticism excitement and was so generous.  Many, many thanks again, Barb!
And finally, another fun little surprise from a new friend, Sarah, in the UK.  Whose blog motto is: “A little bit of clutter goes a long way.” lol.  Oh how I relate! She sent, a wonderful shopping bag (I am gathering quite a collection of smart shopping bags from the UK – I am going to be the object of massive jealousy at my local Walmart), a little Union Jack and a package of Jelly Babies, which are long gone.  Thank you British friends for taking pity on my Jelly Babies cravings.  My dentist thanks you too.

DeeRoo
    March 24, 2010 at 5:35 pm

I was thinking of you at work on Tuesday. A lovely British lady came in to buy some fabric to make a Union Jack quilt for her son. I told her about your sewing. She wished her son would be more adventureous and let her pick a bunch of patterned blue, read and white but alas he wanted it to be all in solids…I think she is going to use a stripe for the binding so it's not so boring for her

live a colorful life
    March 24, 2010 at 6:55 pm

Cool stuff. I LOVE it when the mail arrives. <br /><br />And your blog post reminds me that I want to start that Union Jack quilt. How is yours coming along?

The Quilt Buddy
    March 24, 2010 at 7:31 pm

You have the BEST mailbox! I love all of it…and you deserve all of it…:0)

Jackie
    March 24, 2010 at 7:37 pm

Don&#39;t you just love the color card? It is wonderful when shopping for just the right color!! Thank you so much for the heads up on the FREE Cath Kidston magazine. I so went right over there to request mine!! I am excited to get mine. I think that your mailbox must have been doing a happy dance!

Leslie
    March 24, 2010 at 7:53 pm

this is so fun. i love that color card!!! i went straight away to get myself a copy of that cath kidston mag. i can not wait until it comes.

Sherri
    March 24, 2010 at 8:49 pm

Love the color card too…and I just ordered the Cath Kidston magazine!

Mary
    March 24, 2010 at 10:08 pm

Thanks for the heads up on the free magazine . . . I just ordered one!

Nedra
    March 24, 2010 at 10:30 pm

I have both the Kona color card and the Moda card pinned on the wall right by my machine. It makes me happy to just look at them. Today I found some light blue solid Kona on a 50% off clearance table and bought the end of the bolt. Not sure what I will do with it, but I keep collecting the solids for something fun in the future.

RaisinCookies
    March 25, 2010 at 12:37 am

Yay, I&#39;m glad you received your package! I love sending people things. ;)<br /><br />Give your dentist a wave for me!

Denise :)
    March 25, 2010 at 9:43 am

What a happy day! Any day there&#39;s fun mail is a happy! Enjoy! πŸ™‚

Nanette Merrill and daughters
    March 25, 2010 at 10:02 am

You have the best friends Amy! To have good friends I know we must be a good friend. I know that you are. Goodies here look so fabulous.

Lori
    March 25, 2010 at 2:11 pm

very fun that you got the mittens. i ended up with 3 pair. should have gotten more from my contact people. my whole family would have been so excited. oh well. at least me and my two sisters own them. a little memory for you of &quot;my&quot; olympics.

Heckety
    March 25, 2010 at 6:23 pm

Ooooh yummy post! Cath Kidson stuff is disasterous- is there anything of hers that you DON&#39;T want? I don&#39;t think I&#39;ve come across any yet…glad you got some jelly babas!!

Broadbent's Quilt Shop
    March 25, 2010 at 10:59 pm

Amy, love your blog. You always have something fun and fresh. Thanks for sharing!

pinksuedeshoe
    March 26, 2010 at 10:57 am

in LOVE with the Kona card…. I must have one for myself. Like, immediately if not sooner.