It’s my birthday and I’ll sew if I want to. . .

I think that is Holly Hobbie on my birthday cake.
Sorry, I just couldn’t resist that post title.
I already ate Rubio’s fish tacos this week (love half-price Tuesdays),
so I feel like I’m off to a great start.
Nothing too momentous here, but I am going to allow myself to sew as long as I want today.
And go out to dinner with my husband.
(Yesterday was also the anniversary of our first date thirteen years ago. Awww.)
Last week I got together with an old friend for the first time in a couple of years.
We have the same birthday, which we discovered when we were in High School.
We also discovered that our cute grandmas were first cousins and close friends.
We would always take each other to lunch on our birthday and buy cheese fries.

No cheese fries this year. This time I brought take-out to her house since she’d just had her sixth baby! Don’t you love those friends where it feels like no time has passed and you just pick-up where you left off, even if it was a few years ago?  I also brought her a little baby gift because heaven knows you need new burpies for baby #6.  I also brought her a nursing cover.  I figured she’d probably already have one, but discovered that she didn’t!  (I mean, you survive nursing 5 kids without one, why get fancy now?) She was very excited.  It’s always fun to give someone something they can really use. And this will come in really handy since four of her other five children are boys ages 2-11!

I hope that it’s starting to feel like spring where you are. We keep getting tastes of it and then it gets cold. But my tulip bulbs are starting to poke through the dirt, so I’m taking that as a good sign.

Post Edit:

I already felt kind of hokey blogging about my own birthday, but now I’m going to make it worse and share the presents from my kids too. Please try not to be jealous that I now have my very own Snuggie.

Comments

Happy Birthday! Love (not like) Holly Hobby, and one can never have enough bloggy references to her, cheesy or no.<br /><br />Great baby gifts, you gotta just love friends like that!<br />Blessings,<br />KT

Happy Birthday Amy! <br />I still really like Holly Hobbie and still have my original doll.<br />6 children! Eeeeek!! :) You&#39;re a wonderful friend.<br />Happy weekend xo

Happy Happy Birthday Amy dear!…<br />It sounds like you have planned the perfect day. Time for sewing, and out to dinner with your husband. There should be a &quot;no house work&quot; rule for your special day also, but maybe the overload of what you will face tomorrow would prove to be too much. (I remember!)

Happy birthday, cute and sweet Amy! glad you had a fun time! Friends are the best.<br />okay and can i tell you how much your little E girl looks like you? It shows up even more so in this photo with your lighter brown hair!

Happy Birthday…every quilter should get to sew on their birthday!!! The words &quot;Hollie Hobbie&quot; sure take me back quite a few years!!!

Oh happy happy birthday!!! So I&#39;m a bit JEALOUS you ate at Rubios… oh.. I LOVE their fish tacos… we dont&#39; have one here..<br />Love the gifts from the kids! My kids all wanted snuggies this year… have fun using your hands without your blanket falling off *wink*

Happy Birthday Amy!!! Hope you have a good day of sewing. That&#39;s what I would want for my birthday too. Love the snuggie, that is too funny.

HaPpy BiRtHdAy Amy! I hope that you will spend it doing all the things that you love. You deserve that one special day! SEW! SEW! SEW! <br />Be sure to eat a little chocolate as an appetizer before going to dinner.<br />Have a GREAT DAY! :)

Happy Birthday Amy! You deserve the BEST sewing day ever! <br /><br />BTW-I am so jealous of the fish tacos. I haven&#39;t had one since I left CA!…and Rubios is the BEST!<br /><br />BTW-sshhh…I always wondered about the Snuggie. It seems like a great idea, so let us know how you like it….:0)

Happy birthday!!! My husband wants to steal your red vines lol<br /><br />I&#39;ve many friends I don&#39;t see for years (I&#39;ved lived in different countries from them since I was 17) but we can always pick up where we left off. I&#39;m always grateful for them :)

Happy happy birthday! and believe it or not, my kiddos love snuggies! I made kid size ones for them for Christmas in 2008. They are goofy but useful!

dude, amy lou who already knows how i feel about snugglies i&#39;m surprised she isn&#39;t on here trying to pillage it from you to try to give it to me! ;)<br />i want one in zebra print. so keep that in mind okay?<br /><br />happy birthday wonderful amy! i wish i lived around the corner from you so we could get together and ignore our children and sew all afternoon together! ;) talk to you soon

Hippo Birdie Two Ewes girlie!:)xoxo<br /><br />Ah…you were jealous of the snugglie my MIL gave me for Christmas!! I keep it in my car and it really does come in handy!!

Happy birthday! I love your comment about good friends and how it&#39;s so easy to pick up with them. I have two and they&#39;re the best!<br />Lucky you…a Snuggie and candy! Hope your day was great:)

Do you put the red vines and m&amp;ms in to chew at the same time???I do, it&#39;s the best! Try it if you haven&#39;t.:) Happy Birthday to you.