Something Green

This past week was my sister’s birthday too. (March is kind of a busy birthday month around here.)  This is my sister closest in age to me. She would prefer to remain anonymous, so I won’t mention any names, pseudonyms, or favorite NBA teams that might give her away.

Here we are on a family trip to Jackson Hole, Wyoming
When we were little we shared a room, wore matching clothes, played with our ‘babies’, and roamed the neighborhood playing ‘pioneers’ and ‘Little House on the Prairie’ together.
I always associate my sister with the color green.  Part of the reason is that she is the only one in our family with green eyes. Green was also her favorite color. When we were little we each had a cup we used every meal time. Mine was yellow, her’s was green.  My favorite drink was milk and her’s was 7UP because it was green. (Or at least that’s what we thought because it was always in the green bottle or the green cup.)

So for her birthday this year, I made her a green bag.
I used the pattern from The Wasp Bag tutorial.
the wasp bag
I made a couple of changes, but I love the shape of this bag. It’s been on my “to try” list for a long time. It’s also listed on the DIY Baglover page.
DIY Bag Lover

Have you ever been to this site? It’s basically the motherload of free tutorials for dozens of different bags. Wow.  There are many I want to try.

So thanks J for having a birthday so I could finally try this one! 🙂

Katy
    March 29, 2010 at 5:43 am

lovely bag! happy birthday to your sister!<br /><br />I&#39;m off to check out that site – I need a new bag….

DeeRoo
    March 29, 2010 at 6:22 am

Wow…this post was most welcomed…first of all happy bday to your sister….secondly, how did you know I have been looking for a new bag tutorial?:) I have some leftover Authentic and denium from the apron I made for work and want to make a bag with it…..yeah!! Thanks kiddo!!:)

Lori
    March 29, 2010 at 6:41 am

Happy birthday to your anonymous sister! And FYI, I always had to drink out of a yellow cup too! it was my favorite color growing up. beautiful bag that you made her btw.

Lori Holt
    March 29, 2010 at 7:05 am

Hi Amy…<br />I know your sister will love the bag because it&#39;s so cute <br />….(and green)<br />I also have a sister that is crazy over green and also has green eyes. Every year for her birthday I always buy her or make her something green!<br />Now I&#39;m off to check out that site…thanks for the heads up on it:)<br />Lori

angela
    March 29, 2010 at 7:11 am

Cute bag and Happy Birthday to your sister! I love that picture of you two.

Leslie
    March 29, 2010 at 7:27 am

this bag is so cute. i love it. great job

Mary
    March 29, 2010 at 9:47 am

This bag has been on my to-do list too! I really need to get around to making one . . . yours looks awesome!

I Love Baby Quilts!
    March 29, 2010 at 9:54 am

So sweet! Love that photo 🙂 Reminds me of photos of me and my sister (13 months older) except we never played together unless we were forced to!

Stephanie
    March 29, 2010 at 5:43 pm

What a pretty bag and what a great post about your sis. Sounds a lot like my sister and I, we shared a room as well and were 2 years apart. <br /><br />Thanks for sharing this link, it will definitely come in handy, I love making bags.

Trisha
    March 30, 2010 at 8:50 am

I love that she thought 7up was green, that&#39;s awesome. Very cute bag. I am going to go check out that website of bags. I am excited already!

Laura-Lu
    March 30, 2010 at 10:17 pm

Our sister is a little silly, isn&#39;t she? But how we love her anyway (at least I know her real name). Just like I love that bag you made her. Well done!<br /><br />P.S. Utah Jazz 🙂

Dresden Quilter
    March 31, 2010 at 6:56 am

Gorgeous bag! I have never been to that site. I will definitely be checking it out.

Janet
    March 31, 2010 at 8:12 am

Love the green bag. Lucky sister!!! Thank you for the hook-up to the bag site. Never been there before, but will be going back. I haven&#39;t made a bag, but want to soon.

Aunt Spicy
    April 2, 2010 at 7:13 pm

So adore the picture of the two of you….so sweet!

Nanette Merrill and daughters
    April 5, 2010 at 4:58 pm

The bag is darling. But the picture of you together is the cutest!

Monica
    April 12, 2010 at 4:00 pm

Love this bag and the picture of you and sister is priceless! Great job!

Silent Princess
    April 12, 2010 at 11:25 pm

woow… love the bag…

Sharon Dawn
    February 15, 2012 at 11:15 pm

I love your story…and the bag is very nice too! Thanks for the tip, I will head on over to check out the other bags. I am having a lot of fun lately playing with bag ideas.<br /><br />Sweet picture!