April Bee Blocks

I am thoroughly enjoying my Quilting Bee and I’m feeling a little bit proud of myself for actually keeping up with each month’s blocks.  (This is the reason why I limited myself to only one Bee at a time. Yes, I know myself well.)
This month’s blocks are for Audrie.  Once again, really cool blocks that I would have never attempted otherwise.  Audrie shows how to do it here if you’re interested. I will admit, they were slightly tricky and mine aren’t 100% perfect, but I would try them again. I love the finished result these blocks create.  (And yes, they aren’t squared-up – Audrie said she would do that part, and I so I am going to let her.) πŸ™‚
If you haven’t read Audrie’s blog, it is always entertaining. And she’s so productive. AND she’s only been quilting for a year. Blows. My. Mind.
Maverick Star Charity Quilt by jrcraft.
This is the finished charity quilt Rebekah put together from the maverick blocks from last month.  I love how it turned out. Thanks again, Rebekah for spearheading this!
I am posting from my husband’s laptop.  (You’re right Audrie – it does feel like wearing someone else’s underwear.)  Our computer is finally getting overhauled.  Yay! So I was computerless all day yesterday and today.  It’s amazing what you can get done when there is no glowing screen to tempt you.  I made Union Jack blocks yesterday. They had been sorely neglected.  Today my dear, sweet, wonderful husband is taking the morning off and then working from home so I can go to a Women’s Conference at BYU.  It’s one of my favorite things all year. Hurrah!  So, all this combined means I’m woefully behind on emails and that kind of stuff. But hopefully my spiffed-up, super fast computer and I will be back in gear next week.
Happy weekend!

April 30, 2010 at 5:59 am

Very pretty amy..and the quilt from last month's blocks..awesome

April 30, 2010 at 6:17 am

this charity quilt has turned out so beautifully. and those bee blocks looks so pretty

April 30, 2010 at 7:50 am

I am psyching myself up to do these blocks! I might need to do a sample block first to get all the wonks out :)<br /><br />Yours look great and you made a great decision only to do one bee at a time!

Blue Is Bleu
    April 30, 2010 at 8:41 am

That star quilt takes my breath away every time. Gorgeous. <br /><br />Thanks for my blocks! I&#39;m so sorry they&#39;re giving everyone grief but I loooooove them πŸ™‚ And thanks for the blog love heehee!<br /><br />LOL see! It&#39;s just too weird using anyone else&#39;s computer.

Little Lady Patchwork
    April 30, 2010 at 9:30 am

Everything is gorgeous Amy!<br /><br />Enjoy the conference and have a good weekend!

April 30, 2010 at 12:29 pm

Oh..I love Audrey&#39;s blocks. Great way to use up scraps. <br />Have a wonderful time at Women&#39;s Conference. What a good husband to come home so you can go.

Lori Holt
    April 30, 2010 at 12:57 pm

I love the block!….I&#39;m all about everything scrappy.<br />Have a great time at Womens Conference:)<br />x<br />lori

May 2, 2010 at 8:50 am

Wasn&#39;t the conference great?! I loved it! Love your Bee blocks and also the star quilt. I&#39;d really like to do a Bee, but really have no idea how to get involved with a group.

Aunt Spicy
    May 2, 2010 at 9:04 am

Love the charity quilt! But really love the blocks you made, so fun!

Kim Walus
    May 2, 2010 at 9:49 am

I love the block. I can tell that it&#39;s going to be a darling quilt.

May 2, 2010 at 1:05 pm

you&#39;d make those blocks again?? oh dear i could never… i&#39;m glad i got them done.. but never again! πŸ˜‰

Nanette Merrill and daughters
    May 3, 2010 at 12:17 pm

I love your blocks. I have found I can keep up with a couple exchanges/bees when I limit myself and work at them in small bits.

May 4, 2010 at 11:52 pm

Lovely work. Such pretty colors (drool!).

May 5, 2010 at 12:29 pm

Your quilting blocks are so cute! Thanks for sharing your wonderful blog and keep up the great work!<br /><br />www.aqsquiltnews.blogspot.com