Let’s hear it for the quilt . . . and the boy

A finished quilt! For a long time now, I’ve been wanting to make a cute, easy little boy quilt with kits available in my etsy shop. Voila! Finally, it is done. I love it. And I’m having a harder time letting it go than I thought I would.
The quilt itself is also for sale.  The back is this happy Ikea print.
Other fabrics include bright boy-themed prints from Wheels by Riley Blake and Traffic Jam by Windham Fabrics.
 Quilt and limited number of kits available here.
 picture by sweet and gifted friend, Jon Canlas
Also, today is the anniversary of the day I got my first sweet boy.  All 10 pounds of him arrived fast and furious in the early morning hours.  I think I’ve been tired ever since. :) This boy can go from sunshine to thunder storms in 0-60 seconds.  I’ll be honest, sometimes I wonder if I’ll have the stamina to raise him.  But everyday before he goes to school he wants to rub noses with me and gives me a big hug and a kiss that melts my heart. At that moment, it’s all worth it.

Oh, I love love love it! Gorgeous. Really. I would have a hard time letting it go too. Hears to hoping it goes to a wonderful home where it will be much loved. Love all your fabrics!

darling quilt! i need to make my little guy a new quilt. A bigger one mostly – he loves the one he already has. <br /><br />Is this what I have to look forward to with an April baby? She was measuring 8 pounds 2 weeks ago!

Awwwhhh Amy!<br /><br />This post brought tears to my eyes! You know that I have soft spot for little boys and anything &quot;boy related&quot;. So when I read it, I thought of my guy and the same feelings!<br /><br /><br />BTW-I always love to see &quot;Boy&quot; quilts. There just aren&#39;t enough of them out there!<br /><br />Happy Birthday to your Little Guy.

I can see why this would be hard to part with, so happy and bright! I love the ikea fabric, my son would love it (he LOVES school buses). Happy Birthday to your son, hope he has a great day!

shut up! That is so so stinkin cute! And now for the big problem- I have just about all those fabrics- and my boys have the same bedding. So.. I think they need a similiar quilt on their wall. So so cute! I&#39;m so in love- love the happy colors and prints!

Sweet little man in your life! he really is a cutie. I think he will do amazing things when he grows up…not that he doesn&#39;t do amazing things now.<br /><br />Very cute quilt. LOVE the IKEA print on it.