Works in Progress up the Wazoo

I feel like it’s been a while since I’ve shared any truly finished projects.  This is because I have a ton of unfinished projects in the works simultaneously.  But I’m getting close to finishing.  So I’ll share a little “teaser” of some of them.

I just got two quilts back from the quilters and am in the middle of binding both of them.  And now I have three new tops to deliver to the quilters.

Two are custom orders (and dang cute, if I do say so). This one is all laid out, ready to stitch together as soon as I get off the computer – and before pre-school gets out!

This is one we’re going to keep.  It is for my daughter – she’s been waiting patiently for too long.  I finished piecing the top at that retreat in February, except for the outside borders.  I found a striped fabric that I wanted to use and decided it would look best with mitered corners.  But because that requires extra effort, it just sat and stared at me for a couple of months waiting for me to get my act together.

Finally last night, I did it.  Many thanks to Amy’s (the artist formerly known as Park City Girl) tutorial. So it’s finally off to the quilters too. Hooray! I can’t wait to get it back.  And have more quilts to bind! Then I’ll also have something finished to share.

And in other news, soccer season is now in full swing.  It’s so much more fun when we have gorgeous weather like we’ve had this past weekend. And when there are giant clouds that look like whales floating overhead.  I just wish I had the courage to take a quilt to bind with me to the soccer games. But I not only fear them getting filthy, but I’m also a little fearful of looking like a granny. (Lame, I know.)  I guess it takes each of us to broaden that ‘soccer mom’ image, one quilt at a time.

PS. One last thing that I remembered after Friday’s post. Since we’re reminiscing about the word Rad and we already had an 80’s music motif going, it reminded me of a guy I knew who thought Prince’s lyrics,”She wore a Raspberry Beret” were, “She was a Rad, Spiritual Babe.” Lol.

I wonder if my husband thinks I’m a rad, spiritual babe? I should ask him when he gets home.

April 19, 2010 at 3:13 pm

Ooh, elephants and linen. Wonderful projects, all!

April 19, 2010 at 3:26 pm

I love the prairie points! Those are adorable and they're going to look great. I'm jealous you're getting quilts done, it's all I can do to finish a pillowcase these days. And that whale is just the perfect cheery thing.

Laurie Anne
    April 19, 2010 at 4:04 pm

You are so fast! It seems everytime I look you have another quilt top pieced together….do you sleep at all???? :)<br />I love your quilts xoxo

April 19, 2010 at 4:41 pm

Sneak Peeks are fun! I&#39;m looking forward to what appears to be a lot of finishes!<br /><br />Perfect whale cloud!

April 19, 2010 at 4:46 pm

As my friend Rae Ann would say &quot;I&#39;m sure he thinks you are all that and a bag of chips too!&quot;

April 19, 2010 at 5:05 pm

You are totally rad <i>and</i> spiritual! πŸ™‚

April 19, 2010 at 5:50 pm

You should see me at my son&#39;s high school basketball games…crocheting and embroidering, but I do have the gray hair to go with it…great cloud you&#39;ve got there.

Little Lady Patchwork
    April 19, 2010 at 6:33 pm

Hi Amy!<br /><br />You have been busy. I enjoyed seeing the snippets of your projects but I can&#39; wait to see the finished quilts.<br /><br />BTW-I bet that you are a RAD, SPiritual gal :0)

April 19, 2010 at 8:01 pm

Ok…you&#39;re kidding right….you aren&#39;t going to let a bunch of juice box, granola bar, orange slice toting soccer moms stop you from quilting now are you?!!! You would be a hit…I can see it now…they would all be surrounding you asking questions….and the quilt you are working on will keep the wind off your legs!! So do not leave home without one!!:)

The Redhead Riter
    April 19, 2010 at 9:18 pm

The quilting squares and quilt is beautiful!

Mary on Lake Pulaski
    April 19, 2010 at 9:26 pm

Some beautiful quilts in those photos Amy. I suppose it&#39;s easy for this retired granny to say get over it and take the binding to the soccer game, but I guess when I was young like you, I felt the same way (and didn&#39;t get any quilting done).

April 19, 2010 at 9:46 pm

Rad Spiritual Babe! I love it. Also, I have a total crush on your daughters quilt. Total crush.

April 20, 2010 at 12:07 am

what a tease they all look so cute. Where did you get the elephant fabric?

Amy - Park City Girl
    April 20, 2010 at 1:01 am

yay for almost finished quilts! So glad that the tutorial was a help πŸ™‚

Amy - Park City Girl
    April 20, 2010 at 1:01 am

This comment has been removed by the author.

April 20, 2010 at 6:53 am

Didn&#39;t you know? Quilting is Rad! So take that quilt to bind to the soccer game! You&#39;ll be like the Pied Piper and have a flock surrounding you and peppering you with questions. Come to think of it, you may not get much done!

April 20, 2010 at 7:08 am

It is hard to come out in public about quilting, but I have tried it with handicrafts a little and it generally goes pretty well. I understand your concern about things getting dirty but a sheet spread out generally helps. Or you just bring small projects. I crochet hats for the local shelter in public fairly often.

April 20, 2010 at 1:11 pm

I know how you feel….projects up the wazoo stresses me out! πŸ™‚ -Al

amy smart
    April 20, 2010 at 1:27 pm

Thanks for all the encouragement to just take that quilt and bind it at the games! πŸ™‚ I&#39;d forgot that I did take some binding to swimming lessons last summer, and people did come up and &quot;ooh and ahhh&quot;. So I&#39;m going to do it. If it&#39;s another whale cloud day. This weekend I think it&#39;s supposed to rain/snow. Boo.

Aunt Spicy
    April 20, 2010 at 4:01 pm

Hello busy girl! But really, I just love bright blue skies and big fluffy clouds!

Nanette Merrill and daughters
    April 20, 2010 at 4:30 pm

You are so Rad Amy! I love that red daisy print in the first picture. So cute. What is it? Love your projects.

April 20, 2010 at 5:33 pm

Yes, you are so rad that I even read your quilting blog. And so spiritual that reading your mission journals is one of my favorite pastimes. And such a babe that I like to look at pictures of you when I&#39;m supposed to be working.

February 19, 2011 at 5:48 pm

Where do you send your quilts off to be quilted?

Gmama Jane
    March 12, 2012 at 10:16 pm

Everyone will be so jealous of your quilting creativity and wish they could do it too so take that quilt. You will find all the Moms wanting to know all about what you&#39;re doing and may even get some of them into a great hobby!! I quilted at all my kids games and now that I&#39;m an official granny I REALLY don&#39;t care. That&#39;s what is so wonderfully liberating about being in your 50&