My first Schibble

Have you Schnibbled?  If you’ve visited Sherri you know what I’m talking about.
I’ve seen the adorable Schibbles patterns for a while, but I’ve never made one.
Until now.
This one is for the store where I “work”. For the one I made, I basically used whatever American Jane stuff was still on hand at the shop, plus a few other retro looking prints.
It came from this pattern book. Includes LOTS of great patterns.
I made the small version. I think I want to try the big version too and keep it for myself. πŸ™‚

Speaking of American Jane, did you hear that she has a new collection coming out in August?
Exciting news!  I’m not even sure how many American Jane quilts I’ve made.
Or how many more I could make with the stash I have.

Post edit: I’m linking up to Amy’s Sew and Tell.  She has pretty much the cutest finished project (new baby!) this week. I can’t even to begin to compete. πŸ™‚

angela
    May 13, 2010 at 6:29 am

I haven&#39;t done a schibble yet, but I have a couple that are on &#39;the list&#39;. Yours looks wonderful, great &#39;work&#39; – the few others that I&#39;ve loved have also been done in American Jane. The colors are so happy.<br /><br />I saw Punctuation last week on FQ and just smiled!

Karin
    May 13, 2010 at 6:41 am

Love that book and LOVE your quilt! Just received the book and can&#39;t wait to start Schnibbling! The X-Rated quilt you made is first on my list as well and after seeing yours, I just might have to track down some of that American Jane! Very cute!

Leslie
    May 13, 2010 at 6:46 am

this quilt is great…i love the colors in the AJ lines. this new collection is on my radar….i can not wait to get my hands on it!!

jaybird
    May 13, 2010 at 7:45 am

it looks fantastic!!! i have so many schnibbles patterns.. but i&#39;ve only ever made one!

About Me
    May 13, 2010 at 7:49 am

Ok I haven&#39;t seen that fabric line….but now I musst get my hands on it! I see quite a few prints in there that I will need.

Megan
    May 13, 2010 at 7:50 am

I&#39;m in the middle of this same pattern! I love the bright colors from the American Jane collection. You&#39;re right, the book is chock full of fun patterns. Ever since I bought mine, I&#39;ve been toting it around from one room to another to peruse while I eat breakfast, watch TV, go to bed, etc.

live a colorful life
    May 13, 2010 at 8:39 am

I have a collection of Schnibbles patterns. Haven&#39;t made one yet. LOVE American Jane fabrics, and have quite a bit in my stash. And I have the new book. What am I waiting for??

Amy - Park City Girl
    May 13, 2010 at 8:52 am

Cute! the punctuation line is adorable πŸ˜‰

Rae Ann
    May 13, 2010 at 8:57 am

Amy ~ I LOVE Schnibbles and have been schnibbling for quite a while now! I just got the book at the Am. Quilting on Tuesday and can&#39;t wait to dive into making more! <br />Love the way your&#39;s turned out! I haven&#39;t made that one yet but it is on my list!<br />The new American Jane fabric is… TO DIE FOR!!! I think my stash may have to grow a bit more~

euphoria
    May 13, 2010 at 9:03 am

Your snibbles quilt is darling!! And I CANNOT WAIT to get my hands on that Punctuation line! Anything AMerican Jane is perfect!

tracy_a
    May 13, 2010 at 9:09 am

Great quilt! Love those happy colors – so yay for new American Jane!

Katy
    May 13, 2010 at 9:34 am

such a cute quilt. Obviously everything is cute in American Jane – I&#39;d heard she had a new line coming out, but I hadn&#39;t seen it til now. I think it goes without saying I&#39;ll be stocking up…big time πŸ˜‰

Lauren
    May 13, 2010 at 10:22 am

Oh my gosh I love that new line from American Jane. <br /><br />The quilt you made is adorable. What I would do to work for a quilting shop that paid me to quilt. What an awesome job.

Enga
    May 13, 2010 at 11:51 am

wou wunderschΓΆn die Decke<br />lg Enga

Lara
    May 13, 2010 at 12:32 pm

It&#39;s lovely Amy! I did happen to see that there is a new line of American Jane coming out… I will need to enhance my stash with some I think. I missed the first few lines and I would desperately love some Wee Play but by george it seems everyone is holding onto that one for dear life :)<br /><br />Hope you&#39;ve had a happy week!

SewCalGal
    May 13, 2010 at 1:17 pm

Beautiful. You really did a fantastic job.<br /><br />SewCalGal<br />www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

Nanette Merrill and daughters
    May 13, 2010 at 3:36 pm

I have not schnibbled yet. Believe it or not! I need to. That new AMerican Jane line is calling my name. Do you hear it? I do!

Petit Debutant
    May 13, 2010 at 3:38 pm

cute quilt! Oh and I think it&#39;s shcNibble with an &quot;n&quot;

ohiostar5
    May 13, 2010 at 6:24 pm

Yes, I have Schnibbled, have made Sunday&#39;s Best and Roundabout. Love the new book &quot;Schnibbles Times Two.&quot; I think it is a real winner. BettyLou

Nedra
    May 13, 2010 at 10:03 pm

Believe it or not, but Sherri was at my house today. (We live an hour apart). She is QUEEN of Schnibbles. I have only made one as a baby quilt for a gift, and look forward to more in my future. Love anything American Jane.

Crafty Mama
    May 13, 2010 at 10:11 pm

Love it!! I just got that book too, and can&#39;t wait to make all the fabulous quilts in it!

madebymum
    May 14, 2010 at 2:20 am

The colours are so happy. Great quilt.

joliesjunebugboutique
    May 14, 2010 at 7:22 am

So excited about punctuation! IT just looks so pretty!<br /><br />Love your Quilt! I wish I had all of that talent! <br /><br />Do you quilt your quilts yourself or take them somewhere?

Sherri
    May 14, 2010 at 8:54 am

Great quilt…this is one I&#39;ve been wanting to make! I know it&#39;s one of Carrie&#39;s favorites too!

Mary on Lake Pulaski
    May 14, 2010 at 5:44 pm

You&#39;ve been Schnibbled Amy! Love the Punctuation too!

amy smart
    May 14, 2010 at 10:45 pm

Jolie – I usually take my quilts to a friend. I can&#39;t take credit for the quilting at all! (In fact, it&#39;s my greatest quilting weakness.) πŸ™‚

pinksuedeshoe
    May 14, 2010 at 11:46 pm

ooooOOOOOOOooo! I love it, so cute. This is def going on my to-do list. Love it.

Karen
    May 15, 2010 at 12:22 am

The book is super fantastic! I want to make a big one too.

Michelle
    May 15, 2010 at 4:23 pm

Such a bright and cheerful quilt, and delightfully scrappy.

Michelle
    May 15, 2010 at 7:06 pm

oooooh…schnibbles are on my list…and yours is perfect!<br /><br />Loving it πŸ™‚

Sarah Craig
    May 15, 2010 at 8:01 pm

That is one beautiful quilt! I&#39;ll have to check out schnibbles if they are that nice!! Good work!

Jackie
    May 17, 2010 at 5:44 am

Very cute Schnibble! I just adore American Jane too! Love the upcoming fabric line!

Chase
    May 18, 2010 at 11:57 am

thanks for the heads up on american jane&#39;s new line. the retro colors are so great~

Dayna
    May 18, 2010 at 3:01 pm

This is really beautiful!