Field Trip Friday: M & J Trimming, Manhattan

I was so grateful for the list of great suggestions of things to do in New York when I announced that I was going to there about a month ago.  One of the suggestions that came up a few times was M & J Trimming.  Little did I know that this is somewhat of a NY icon.  It’s located on 6th Avenue between 37th and 38th, just up the street from Macy’s Department Store.
If you need it, this place has got it! Holy smokes. That wall is just ribbon.

And here is the wall of Crystals.

Buttons anyone? And this was only a fraction of the button collection.

My pictures just don’t do this place justice. Pretty much everything you need for weddings, crafting, making clothes, studs for your inner-motorcyle-babe wear, Renaissance Festival gown, you name it. You know that if this is where Martha Stewart comes to get her crafting supplies, it’s got to be fabulous.

You can order from their huge selection online at mjtrim.com
They also have a great blog at blog.mjtrim.com

Once again (as with Purl Soho) expect to pay New York City scale prices. (And why not? After all, they do cater to the likes of Martha.)  Coming from Utah, Land of Abundant (and often Cheap) Craft Supplies, I didn’t buy much. But I couldn’t walk away totally empty-handed and found these cute little trims.  Love those dapper little Scottie Dogs.

If you’re going to the Fabric District in NY, M & J Trimming is totally worth the stop!  Next field trip: The Fabric District.

Comments

It is a cool shop, isn't it? I agree with you about the prices – I have a hard time paying more than at home- but I couldn't resist walking away with a few things myself! Can't wait to see where you went in the Fabric District!

That would be a great place to spend a day drooling over all the merchandise. I must say I am in love with all the cool buttons! I'll have to go drool over there website some day.

If I was able to go there, I would just wander around with my mouth open, looking all around saying, "Gollllleeeee" like Gomer Pyle. Such a variety of things!

wow – so much for the eyes to feast on!<br /><br />Hope you had a fab time. Am busy trying out my first &#39;proper&#39; quilt :)<br /><br />Amelia.x

I got some ribbon there too. Such a fun store. I&#39;ll have to post a picture of what I spent the most money on in the NYC fabric district, so not &quot;me&quot; but I love it: 1/2 yard of two-toned chartreuse fake fur. I know. Sounds horrible. It is really gorgeous.

Yes, yes, yes!! I would have definitely recommended M &amp; J Trim. I have been so behind in blog reading that I must have missed that post. Isn&#39;t that the most fantastic place? It kind of makes your head spin, but the color is just fabulous. I so loved it too!

Good googly-moogly! Hobby Lobby, Joanns &amp; Hancocks, all put together and then put on steroids! I don&#39;t think I&#39;ll ever go there, just for fear I might never leave!

I&#39;m so glad you got a chance to go to M&amp;J! The store is really incredible, and it has more walls packed to the ceiling with trimmings, ribbons and sequins than these impressive photos even show. I definitely recommend a trip there. :)