Hope Valley Bricks Quilt

Here is the finished Hope Valley Bricks quilt.
I’m ready to make another.  It was so quick and enjoyable. The colors are so different than what I have in my house, or what I’m normally drawn to (I’m much more of a primary colors type person) but I loved the way they all look together. I never would have thought I would.

Here is the back. This quilt was quilted by my coworker (and uber-talented person), Monica.
Which is why it got done so fast. :)

I don’t consider myself a magenta person at all, but it felt so right for this quilt’s binding.
I think it makes the whole quilt. Like I said, who knew I would get so excited about magenta and sour yellow-ish green (I’m sure there’s a much cooler JCrew name out there for that color – the one with the polk-a-dots – like Celery Root or Pureed Asparagus.)

If you want to make a bricks quilt like this I found out there’s a great tutorial at Randi’s Road to Spring quilt-a-long.

The Shop Hop last week was fun.  Each of the store’s picked a holiday/celebration as their theme. Our store’s was Father’s Day so I wore a white shirt with my 6-year-old’s clip on tie.  I felt more like an Olive Garden waiter though.

The funniest part of the day: a gal (Hi Kim!!) comes in and says, “I’m here to meet Amy.”  So I totally assume she’s there to meet Amy McClellan, the store owner, and send her in that direction. (I’m the employee that makes everything confusing at AQ – anytime anyone asks for “Amy” on the phone or in person, it’s pretty much always her they want, so I always defer.) Thirty seconds later, Kim comes back to me and says, “No! I’m here to meet YOU. I read your blog!”  I felt like such a dork (this is not an abnormal feeling for me, so I wasn’t distressed) and after she gave me a noogie, we had a great chat. Kim, you are a hoot!  And get this! Kim’s nice husband went WITH HER to a dozen or so quilt stores! What a man.

PS I’m linking up to last weeks Sew and Tell here! :)

Comments

You're sooo funny Amy!!:) I definitely would be looking you up too if I lived in that area! I've been following your blog for awhile now and you do a great job! The quilt is beautiful – you did a great job on it! Love the colors!

Hi Amy! LOL<br /><br />My husband made it through shop hop in one piece. Now we need to win a prize so his help doubling my odds will pay off!<br /><br />Great quilt!

I just finished my quilt top this weekend using Randi&#39;s quilt-along and I can&#39;t wait to get it quilted! Yours is awesome. I have most of the Hope Valley line waiting for another project but it sure looks great in this one, plus the fabrics you added are perfect!

I love this quilt! I&#39;m pretty sure it&#39;s your photo that I favorited on flickr. :)<br /><br />I made 2 bed size hope valley quilts, but I think I love yours more! I&#39;m certainly going to try this design some time.

I swear, you just can&#39;t go wrong with Hope Valley. I don&#39;t adore every single print in the collection, but as a group they&#39;re absolutely amazing every single time.<br /><br />Love this design, will have to keep it in mind and try it sometime! Maybe with that Modern Meadow FQ bundle that I just ordered… :-)<br /><br />-Liz

Ha! I&#39;m lucky enough never to have had the problem of working with someone with the same name as me! The shop I work at (MG) had the theme of Mother&#39;s day so I got to wear a crown all day (queen for a day). I didn&#39;t feel like a waiter, but I did get to wash out glitter from my hair for three days!

Loooove the quilt! I&#39;m trying to figure out what to do with my Hope Valley fabrics and I&#39;ve had a dozen ideas so far lol <br /><br />I work at a quilt shop too and it&#39;s amazing how many men accompany their women, especially on weekends. Although half of them look like they&#39;d rather be watching paint dry, and the half are probably looking around for something sharp to end the pain.

I have a collection of HV fat quarters that I&#39;m planning to use sometime soon. I love how they look together and I love the simplicity of how you&#39;ve chosen to show them off. I agree, the colours are quite different but they work! Lovely.

Out of your comfort zone those colours may be but what a yummy, yummy quilt. I also did Randi&#39;s quilt along but have yet to get mine quilted.

It looks great! I&#39;m not much of a magenta person either but there is something about the color of it in this line that is just fabulous.<br /><br />Jennifer :)

Love this quilt…these aren&#39;t usually my colors either…but there is something about this line of fabric…I keep my Hope Valley quilt in our family room so I can see it every day!

ohhhh I love it! inspired to cut into my own stash of hope valley now!<br /><br />and how cute someone came in to say hi to you! I get a bit embarrassed at markets when people come and tell me how much they love my blog because I never know what to say so just say thank you!!!!!!!!! so sweet that her hubby came with her – I&#39;d have to go solo to hide the evidence!<br /><br />corrie:)

Your quilt looks great!<br /><br />I realize now what a Facebook junkie I&#39;ve become because I automatically looked for the &quot;like&quot; button on your profile. :-)

I love the hope valley colors all together – even better than alone I think. I would never put them together – that&#39;s why I&#39;m not a designer :)

that color was all the rage when we moved to germany. I first saw it at an Adidas showcase we went to. We&#39;ve always just called it &quot;puke green&quot;