Progress on a nephew’s quilt – and summer living

Summer is barreling fast and furiously to an end around here. Well, not summer the season, but summer holiday as school starts in less than two weeks. I feel like we came home from our vacation and hit the ground running, cramming as many last activities as possible into what time there is left. (I’m hoping my body survives!)
Wednesday I was feeling a bit of bloggy-burnout and decided to take the day off and just sew.  My sister had a baby shower that night and I thought to myself, “Wouldn’t it be fun if I could get her quilt top pieced for the shower tonight?” I had the fabric she’d chosen (from the pile above) mostly cut and thought I could just whip it up.
{Cue maniacal, crazy-person laughter here.}
Soon thereafter I had four extra kids + my own four who all wanted lunch.  Things spiraled down hill from there.

This is as far as I got -about half way and it had to do. Fortunately, my sister was thoroughly pleased with the progress. But, as evidence of the craziness and my mental state, by the time I got to the shower that night I realized I had on two different colored shoes – one was brown and one was black. (To my own credit they were both Old Navy flip-flops, so hopefully it wasn’t terribly obvious.)

The rest of the weeks ahead are full to the brim, including camping tonight with our church group (I should be packing food instead of on the computer) and a wedding tomorrow for a wonderful friend. So in order to prevent other wardrobe faux-pas (and more serious acts of lunacy) I will probably be kind of scarce for the next two weeks, until the munchkins are back in school. I may check in here or there, but I plan to enjoy the last opportunities to go to places like this:

I hope you enjoy yourselves as well! Eat some home-grown tomatoes and think of me.
{Speaking of other wardrobe faux-pas, one time last year I realized I had on my sweater inside-out. My husband thought it was pretty funny too and asked the kids, “Do you notice anything different about mommy?” My then-7-year-old daughter (the really blunt one) pipes up, “Um, she’s getting fat?”}

I can totally see myself putting on 1 brown and 1 black flip flop. So you are not alone. Plus, it&#39;s amazing to me you got that much done on the quilt top with that many children around! Good job. :-)<br /><br />p.s. the quilt top is beautiful! I totally love those colors of fabric!!

Bwhahahaaa….two different flip flops!!:) I bet no one even noticed!:)<br /><br />Love the baby quilt. I used some of that animal fab in my son&#39;s quilt…he loves it!:)<br /><br />Yep….2 wks with the youngins will go by fast so camp and eat up!:)<br /><br />Picked some Mr. Stripy today…will make a tomato sandwich and send a thougt to you!:)<br />xo

I had to de-lurk…too much to say!<br /><br />&quot;Cue maniacal crazy-person laughter here&quot; made me laugh so hard…up until that point I thought, wow, how does she do it, I can&#39;t believe that she is going to get the whole thing done…thanks for making me feel better- I can barely get my sewing machine on these days, let alone make something, anything, on it! I love the new look of

Heehee I&#39;m giggling to myself over here! Too funny! The quilt top looks good so far! I&#39;ve got a heap of that Alexander Henry fabric in my stash because I&#39;m in love with it :)

Like the baby quilt, enjoy the rest of summer,yep I have to go back to work in 2 1/2 weeks as well. Off to college orientation for my son tomorrow.

The quilt is gorgeous! I have done the flip flop thing many times. They are too close in color, especially in the wee hours of the morning. Looks like summer was good times. Enjoy the last few days of it.

amy!!!<br /><br />i adore that quilt.. you picked the perfect mix of colors and prints!! …and your blog makeover is looking fantastic! the new header is so cute!!! as for bloggy-burnout i so know how you feel!

Amy look at you grow! First, Ucreate and now Today&#39;s Creative Blog! Holy Cow! I&#39;m so happy you are getting so much publicity! You are as nice (and as talented) as people come! LOVE the look of your blog. Who did it?

Amy (or Mark)<br /><br />They are a great bunch! And they are from a bunch of different places. The jungle/animal print is by Alexander Henry, the brown circles and the similar green circles are from Riley Blake, the big dot/circles is from Freebird by Moda, the gray circles with green outline is Modern Meadow by Joel Dewberry, the alphabet print is from Little House by Free Spirit fabrics. The