Quilts in a Barn?

This past Saturday I went to a quilt show in a barn. Yup. But this was no ordinary barn – it was a newer show barn built on a beautiful, century-old estate.  This is an annual quilt show put on by a local group of women as a fundraiser for The Road Home – a local homeless shelter.
So I thought I’d share a little bit of what I saw.
A charming setting for a lot of lovely quilts.
 Some good circle inspiration now that I have my circle die cut!

You know me: drawn to the vintage looking stuff.
 These little appliqué flowers were so sweet.
 There was also a craft market with proceeds going to the cause as well.
Love the fabric on that first apron!

These guys (Shetland Ponies) were made homeless themselves while the quilts overtook their quarters. But they seemed plenty happy basking in the warm sunny day and posing for pictures.

Lovely fall decor, including a live goat who happened to be consuming some of the fall decor. Presumably no quilts were consumed or harmed by small domesticated farm animals in the production of this charitable fundraiser.

Amy: When you get a chance, could you please tell me where this barn/estate is located? My dream is to some day live in a restored/replicated old barn in the country. I&#39;d love to read more about this one.<br /><br />The quilts are all so wonderful. I can&#39;t think of a better setting for a show. Thanks so much for sharing your day with us.<br />xoxo<br />Donna

I love that show and used to attend every time the event was held. I think it&#39;s worth going to view the estate alone!<br />Thanks for sharing.

What fun! Beautiful quilts in a beautiful setting Did you take more pics of the grounds? Is there a main house? It just looks so lovely that I would love to drool over more:)

Sooo wishing I could have been there myself. I LOVE quilt shows and I LOVE old (new – ha ha) buildings. There was an annual quilt show at an old plantation house I used to go to when we lived in Roswell, GA, that I always enjoyed.<br /><br />Thanks so much for sharing. These days I&#39;m living vicariously.

I was wondering where exactly is this show and what weekend is it on. Is it the same every year. I would love to travel there and see it.<br /><br />S

What an awesome venue for a quilt show! So fun.<br /><br />I love the new design on your blog! Maybe it&#39;s not that new, I&#39;ve been a bit of a blogging hermit lately. Things are just so busy I don&#39;t always find the time I want to come see everyone! Love everything you have going on! Great quilt pattern!!!