New Cute Kitsch-y Fabric

I couldn’t resist sharing a few recent acquisitions. I’ve been pretty disciplined about buying fabric lately because I’m making a really concerted effort to use what I already have. (I’m trying to ‘shop the stash’ first.) But I’m always on the look-out for some good I-spy fabrics and those kitsch-y Japanese prints are my weakness.
These two are from Kerri’s Etsy shop. (I love shopping with Kerri and I always love her selection!)  Check out these two storybook prints.  I always crack-up at the German or French text on Japanese prints. And how can you not love those selvages?!

Here’s another I got from this shop.
I think this print is gone, but she had some other cute novelty prints.

Finally, I love it when local quilt shops carry the Japanese prints – a: because it’s fun to see them and touch them in real life and b: if I do want some, I don’t have to pay shipping.  There are a couple local shops that carry a good Japanese import selection but both are about 30 min away, so I don’t get there that often (which may not be a bad thing. lol.)

Anyway, I happened to be in the area of Material Girls  in South Jordan, Utah one Saturday and found this awesome print from Caramel Town by Lecien. Oh dear, I love this. The best part? It was 25% off that day. As was everything else in the store . . . and that’s when I succumbed. Not out of control, mind you, but cash was exchanged. And I’ll stop there.

If you are looking to loose a little restraint yourself, Anna at Crafty Girls Workshop is offering a 10% discount with the discount code ‘smartquilter’. She’s got more Dream On Charm Packs too. I’m just saying . . .

November 16, 2010 at 7:43 am

these are adorable..i don't know how you use these or can stand to cut into them

Char @ Crap I've Made
    November 16, 2010 at 7:44 am

Love, love, love Material Girls. You need to holler next time you're up here and we'll have lunch.

Briarside Lane
    November 16, 2010 at 7:56 am

What cute prints! And I&#39;ve never seen selvages like that! Will you trim those for a project? I&#39;ve seen so many projects using selvages.<br /><br />…Karen

November 16, 2010 at 7:58 am

Those are so fun. I know what you mean aobut those cute selvages. We got some Lily Will in the shop the other day and the color code on the selvage is these adorable bunnies like in the fabric line. I do believe fabric makers have embraced folks love of selvages!!<br /><br />We also got some Michael Miller Fun prints with kids playing in a playground a la &quot;Dick and Jane&quot;….I believe

November 16, 2010 at 8:16 am

Super cute prints! I loe those selvedges!

November 16, 2010 at 9:00 am

I love those fabrics and would love to have some in my own stash.

November 16, 2010 at 9:04 am

Hi, Amy!<br /><br />I&#39;m the one who met you in AQ on Saturday. πŸ™‚ Love your blog… and I really love that Christmas quilt. I&#39;ve made a goal to not buy any more fabric unless it&#39;s to finish a project I already have going… but if you do a kit, I would be sorely tempted…

November 16, 2010 at 9:18 am

Those are adorable prints! I&#39;ve recently discovered Japanese fabrics and oh, it&#39;s trouble for me!<br /><br />Jennifer πŸ™‚

November 16, 2010 at 9:19 am

I am crazy about those selvedges! I hope you&#39;re saving them! If not, you should send them my way for my selvedge spiderweb quilt πŸ™‚

Denise :)
    November 16, 2010 at 9:44 am

What sweet, sweet fabrics!! πŸ™‚

November 16, 2010 at 9:44 am

Gotta love those fabrics!

November 16, 2010 at 10:16 am

love those little images

November 16, 2010 at 11:42 am

I totally agree about shopping from the stash and tried really hard all week to stick to this but then today I just had to buy some red and white Marmalade Bliss that was disappearing from all the quilt shops! I am a fabric addict!

November 16, 2010 at 11:54 am

shame on you for telling me about those prints and even telling me that material girls has some (i&#39;m in utah — do you live in utah too?)<br /><br />this post should have come with a WARNING at the top … i&#39;m feeling weak and wanting new fabric! haha. <br /><br />you have great taste in fabric πŸ™‚

November 16, 2010 at 3:02 pm

Love the Pink Bambi&#39;s! Also that is awesome selvage love the houses and flowers, so cute!!

November 16, 2010 at 3:25 pm

I&#39;m scared to go to Material Girls. I think I might fall in love, and then there would be no going back. Definitely somewhere I can never go alone….

Judy Bagwell
    November 16, 2010 at 6:50 pm

I love it all!!

November 18, 2010 at 2:04 pm

Well the german writing is there as the prints are famous children stories by german writer, love them.<br /><br />cheers<br />Christine

December 1, 2010 at 10:37 am

I am in LOVE with those fabrics. They are crazy cute! The animals in the ferris wheel are too adorable for words!