Two new Patterns

After a few years of writing patterns for a local quilt shop, and after a few requests, I am finally getting my act together and polishing and publishing some of them.  These are the latest two. Both patterns come as instantly downloadable PDF files, 4 pages long with color photos.  They will continue to be available in my Pattern Shop.
Windows Quilt Pattern $7.50
This pattern is charm pack and scrap friendly. I’ve also done all the math and written it so that there is minimal amounts of wasted fabric (because I hate fabric waste!)  Fabric Requirements: 35 print 5” squares (1 Charm Pack or a total of ¾ yards of fabric), 2 yards total of various 2 ¼” and 3″ strips, Sashing: 1 ¾  yard solid white fabric, Outside print border: 1 yard, Binding fabric: ½ yard (or 5/8 yard if you prefer bias binding), Back: 3 ½ yards.

Hour Glass Quilt Pattern $8.00
This quilt pattern is Layer Cake Friendly and a lot faster and easier than it looks. The fabric requirements are: 48 – 10” squares (1 layer cake + two 1/3 yard cuts of fabric OR twelve 1/3 yard cuts) Inside border – ¼ yard fabric, Outside border – 1 1/3 yard, Binding – ½ yard  Backing – 3 ¾ yards

Kits for this Hour Glass quilt (pattern is included) are still available at American Quilting in Orem, Utah.  You can order one by calling 801-802-7841.  There are three options for border fabrics (subject to availability):

Dawn W
    November 18, 2010 at 9:00 am

Amy, you are so talented. I love these quilts! … So many that I want to make … so little time …

Katherine
    November 18, 2010 at 11:01 am

Both quilts are gorgeous! Thanks for sharing your talent – right down to making sure the math is all good, so that we don't waste fabric (just, like you, I want to use up every precious bit).

Terresa
    November 18, 2010 at 2:32 pm

Amy, these are some beautiful quilts! I haven&#39;t been by your blog in ages, but thought of you as I&#39;m planning another trip to the UK next week! Wondering if you have any recommendations for me? (You served your mission there, right?) It&#39;s my 3rd trip over there, but there is so much to see, each time something new. <br />So far our plans are London for 1 week, followed by

Calli Makes Do
    November 18, 2010 at 2:54 pm

Amy, are so talented! I love the Hour Glass quilt so much, you have me wondering whether there would be time to get a quilt made before Christmas. I can just see it over the back of my sofa.

Tales From My Empty Nest
    November 18, 2010 at 8:33 pm

Both of these quilts are so pretty! You did a wonderful job on them. Congratulations on designing the patterns. Love &amp; blessings from NC!

Donna
    November 19, 2010 at 1:36 am

Amy, thanks so much for the windows quilt pattern, I love it. I have been waiting for the perfect pattern to use my beautiful Amy Butler fabric, now I have it. Yay!!!

Cris A
    November 19, 2010 at 9:54 am

I just LOVE the colors of the hourglass quilt! I wish I could buy a kit that had all the same fabrics in it!

Cris A