Those final Christmas projects

Finishing up those last Christmas presents. I think I’m going to make it!
 Some are turning out even better than I thought
(including some that can not be shared publicly at this time.)
Some are not. (This is not gingerbread.) Just keeping it real.

Nevertheless, our cookie making has been mostly successful. These are the cookies my 4-yr-old decorated for his Sunday School teacher. I’m always tempted to make them myself and have them look “classy” (hah). Then I remember that it would be even better if I actually let the children participate. And it’s okay (if not even more awesome) if they look like they were decorated by a 4-yr-old. My favorite is the angel that looks like a ghost.  I wonder what Martha’s projects would look like if she allowed more 4-yr-olds in the studio . . .

Best wishes with your own final projects!

CJ
    December 23, 2010 at 4:47 pm

The bags are LOVELY! Share the pattern after the holidays.<br />THe cookies…ya gotta watch &#39;em like a hawk I tell ya! ;)<br />LOVE the decorated by a 4 year old cookie. Sweet. Bah Humbug to Martha. I like keepin&#39; it real.

CJ
    December 23, 2010 at 4:47 pm

oh yeah, MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Wendy
    December 23, 2010 at 4:56 pm

Those are adorable bags! And I love the angel/ghost cookie!

Beverly
    December 23, 2010 at 4:58 pm

I adore those bags! I need to quit reading blog and finish my projects too. =)

DeeRoo
    December 23, 2010 at 6:36 pm

Awesome cookies….I would love to eat that one with all the lovely gumdrops!:)<br /><br />Those bags are so much fun, especially like the fabric on the middle one, kinda CK isn&#39;t it?:)<br /><br />Maria is heading home xmas morning….weather should be cooperating…can&#39;t wait to cuddle both of my ducklings….consider yourself cuddled too!:)<br />xoxo

Strictly Sewing
    December 23, 2010 at 7:35 pm

YES!! I love those bags! Are sending me one? Just kidding. A pattern would be a great present if possible. Thank you.

A.
    December 23, 2010 at 7:41 pm

Pretty bags! Agreed on the cookie thing – part of me longs for classy/perfect/fancy – but there will be time enough for that down the road, right? Right.

amandasasikirana
    December 23, 2010 at 7:56 pm

muy fabrics are here, amy, thank you so much! I love them all :)<br /><br />too bad they&#39;re not printing it anymore!

Sherri
    December 23, 2010 at 9:27 pm

Love the bags! Merry Christmas!

UKMUMINUS
    December 23, 2010 at 9:41 pm

I just came across your blog while looking for anything that will help me get started on my 1st quilt, I bought the material today but am so nervous to start. You have some emany beautiful quilts on your blog and I adore the messenger bag.

Layne Bushell
    December 24, 2010 at 9:49 am

Love the bags! Where can I find the pattern? Is it an Amy original?

F-o-x
    December 24, 2010 at 10:04 am

I love the bags and love the participatory cookies – letting kids make things less perfect than you can is the best way to give them the confidence to keep making things (which is of course the only way to get them better).

lifeinredshoes
    December 24, 2010 at 9:41 pm

We did the cookie thing last night. The Little Loves creations were, well, let&#39;s say….Picaso-esque:)<br />Merry Christmas and Happy Sewing!

Camilla/NΓ…NI by Smillas design
    December 25, 2010 at 3:15 pm

Hi,<br />I really must say that you have a great blog and you make very beautiful quilts. I have made an table runner from your tutorial. You can see it on my blog, wich is on swedish, but you can see the pictures. <br />/Camilla