In 2010 I participated in my first online Bee. November was my month and since I was by now well familiar with the talents and creativity of my fellow-bee-people I cut into my beloved American Jane and MoMO stash and asked them to make me some modern improv log cabin blocks. (I feel like I’m still too much of a ‘rules-nerd’ to make great improv blocks – but these quilters are rock stars at it.)
I’m planning to use them to make a BIG quilt with a lot more white sashing and spacing in between, but you can kind of get the idea on my design wall. (Which, by the way, I’m making so much progress in my sewing space. Not only did I finally hang my hoops, I finally hung a “design wall” – or a good piece of flannel type material that you can stick blocks on. I love it! Maybe one day I won’t even have to kick piles out of the way before I take pictures in there! Baby steps. . .)
Finally, here’s another block from the Bee for Michelle from way back in October. (Which I didn’t actually finish until November, but still had never posted.) Michelle asked us to make these Dresden blocks and sent the prettiest fabrics. I loved it! Can’t wait to see these quilts come together. It has been fun to play with other people’s fabric and try blocks I may never have made on my own. And I’m so excited to finish mine – but until then, I’ll enjoy looking at all the blocks on my wall.