Come Sew With Me!

The Sewing Summit

People, have you heard about The Sewing Summit? It’s a sewing AND blogging conference being held October 7-9 in Salt Lake City. I have been excited to go since I first caught wind of the idea a few months ago.

I went to my first blogging conference last spring and while it was very helpful and I met some really great people I felt kind of like a nerd compared to the people who blog about lipstick shades, J. Crew collections and Ina Garten’s latest recipe. Not that I don’t love those things myself, it’s just my Junior High-age-sewing-inferiority-complex rearing its ugly head.

So a conference with lots of fun bloggers who also think sewing is the bomb?? I am so there.  Can you come too? It would be a blast if we could hang out.

But, just when I thought I could go and relax with my sewing machine and a pile of WIPS (works in progress), I’ve been asked to teach an Intro to Quilt Basics class. Yikes! But don’t let that deter you because there will be other amazing teachers like Dana of Old Red Barn Co. and Amanda from msmcporkchopquilts and more yet to be announced. Stay tuned.

In other fun goings on, AnneMarie of GenXQuilters is hosting a Love Nest Quilt Contest.  Do you have a fabulous bed-sized modern quilt? You should enter it because there are some awesome prizes for the top 3 winners. (Kate Spain Layer Cake anyone? $25 fabric gift certificate?) Check out the details here.

Gen X Quilters
Have a great Monday!

Biz
    January 24, 2011 at 12:28 pm

Oooh I wish I could go to this! Maybe some year!<br />I&#39;ll just have to settle for taking my beginner sewing class here in Austin.<br />Biz

Funky Kim
    January 24, 2011 at 12:38 pm

I&#39;m there! With my sewing buddy!<br /><br />Now will you just own up to being Amy this time? LOL

Angela
    January 24, 2011 at 1:06 pm

Amy, I was so happy to see you on the list! I&#39;m planning on going, I cant wait. It will be so fun meeting you. xx

Mauri
    January 24, 2011 at 1:06 pm

Oh, I would love to go! I was so excited to see that it isn&#39;t until October. By then I will be done with nursing and available for all day fun!

Corrie
    January 24, 2011 at 1:19 pm

oh I would love to be there, if only it wasn&#39;t on the other side of the world from sydney australia! I read some lovely blogs from salt lake city!<br /><br />you have fun!<br /><br />corrie;)

bluesquarequilting
    January 24, 2011 at 1:33 pm

I am so jealous ! I am a French quilter living in Ireland and I wish there was a similar summit somewhere in Europe ! If anybody knows of such an event, please let me know. Otherwise, I will just have to bite the bullet and fly to the US someday ๐Ÿ™‚

Live a Colorful Life
    January 24, 2011 at 2:30 pm

I SOOO (SEWWWW) want to be there. Seriously considering it. Seriously.

Petit Design Co.
    January 24, 2011 at 2:50 pm

I wish I could go… but I have other prior commitments. Can&#39;t wait to hear all about it though!

Kristie
    January 24, 2011 at 4:27 pm

I will be there! Have already booked my hotel room, in fact ๐Ÿ™‚ It is going to be awesome! How great that you will be teaching a class! Will definitely pop in and say hello! It would be great to meet you…. in person ๐Ÿ˜‰

fionabakesandcrafts
    January 24, 2011 at 5:07 pm

Sounds like it&#39;ll be a lot of fun. Hopefully it&#39;ll be an annual thing and I&#39;ll be able to go in the next couple of years.

Erin @ two more seconds
    January 24, 2011 at 6:16 pm

Ooops sorry we didn&#39;t just let ya relax and lay back ;] But for us it&#39;s worth it because we&#39;re THRILLED you&#39;re going to be teaching for us!

sunny
    January 24, 2011 at 6:54 pm

Hmmmm….my sister lives in SLC. Perhaps it&#39;s time to pay her a visit??

amylouwho
    January 24, 2011 at 7:58 pm

I reeeeeeeaaaaly want to come. I have to figure out how to swing it. Nick will be deployed so I either leave the kids with someone or bring them with me. We&#39;ll see how it goes….

Betty Lou
    January 24, 2011 at 8:52 pm

Sounds like a lot of fun, hope you get to go.

Calli Makes Do
    January 24, 2011 at 9:50 pm

How awesome! I was thinking it was something I should attend. Now I&#39;m sure I shouldn&#39;t miss!

Melissa
    January 24, 2011 at 9:51 pm

Congrats on teaching!! I think I might go! It would make for a fun weekend with my sister and friends!<br />Melissa

John'aLee
    January 25, 2011 at 5:24 am

And to think I just moved out of the state of Utah!<br />This summit sounds amazing.

Bonnie
    January 25, 2011 at 6:04 am

Congratulations! Thats sound so amzing!

Chris of Frecklemama.com
    January 25, 2011 at 6:58 am

I am going to try my hardest to come! So exciting ๐Ÿ™‚

Tamara
    January 25, 2011 at 5:11 pm

Thanks for your blog Amy. I&#39;ve recently caught the quilting bug thanks to your blog and tutorials. Now my daughters have quilts made by their mom that hopefully they&#39;ll have forever. Thank you!!