Red and White Pennant Banner & Etsy De-stash

So here’s one of the projects I’ve been up to with my red & white stack.
 A few valentines-ish fabrics thrown in, but not so many that it can’t be used at other times as well.
Aren’t those birds awesome? Too bad they were the worst bleeder fabric I’ve ever had in a quilt. I originally used them for this Valentines quilt and the red bled all over the place. Grr. I don’t use that line of fabric -Chanteclaire – now. Or at least not the reds.) I threw the last piece I had in this banner – I figured I’ll probably never machine wash, so I can still show them off.
Just what the sad, empty fireplace needed following the removal of all the Christmas decorations.
I die-cut a bunch of extra triangles and they are for sale in the etsy shop
While I was in the shop, I decided to do a little de-stash. I have two one pre-cut, pre-stacked quilt kits for a sweet little pink and blue quilt. These are left over from a boutique a couple of years ago and I’m ready to give them a good home.

This kits have everything pre-cut and include the borders and binding fabrics exactly like the quilt pictured here. The quilt is even already laid-out with the squares pre-stacked in labeled rows and ready to pick-up and sew together quickly.

To see everything currently for sale, go to my Etsy Shop here.
Thanks so much!

Michelle Bell
    January 22, 2011 at 8:04 am

Have you tried the Shout Color Catchers in your washing machine? I had read how great they are-especially for quilts. I got some, and to test them I threw one in the wash with my maroon scrubs which never fail to turn something pink if it gets in there with them. I threw in a white sock who lost it's friend-and it was still white when it came out! The shout sheet was pink instead. I threw

Melissa
    January 22, 2011 at 10:02 am

I love the pennant! Red is my favorite color, you could use that for so many things! It would be really cute for a birthday party!

DeAnna
    January 22, 2011 at 10:17 am

Perfect timing! Last night I spent a good hour scouring online looking for a pennant idea and voila! This morning it is here all ready for me to begin!! I know what I am doing with my Saturday night!! Thank you, it's super cute!

Kristie
    January 22, 2011 at 10:41 am

I am seriously tempemted to buy up all those squares…that quilt you made your daughter last year is probably my most favorite ever. But I tol myself no more fabric! Dilemma….we'll see what happens πŸ™‚

Connie204
    January 22, 2011 at 11:36 am

Love your baby quilt and the valentine fabric is really fun. <br />Connie204

Jennifer
    January 22, 2011 at 11:42 am

Question on the pennant. Do you put a stabilizer on them so they hang well?? I did a birthday pennant banner, but I did a back and batting in between to make them puffy.

Biz
    January 23, 2011 at 8:24 am

Amy I don&#39;t think I can say this enough! <br />Everything you touch is purely amazing to me!<br />I agree with Michelle, have you ever tried the shout color catchers, I love them!<br />I start my beginners quilting class in about 4 weeks!<br />Yipee!<br />Biz

Heckety
    January 23, 2011 at 12:20 pm

Love your pennants! So jolly, and the cute birds, but I&#39;ve just been reading Michelle Bell&#39;s Comment at the top and I&#39;m thinking maybe I&#39;ll dig out some runny fabrics and try that trick for myself. The place does tend to look bare when the decorations come done, true enough. <br />Like the pastel colours in your baby quilt too…I&#39;m off to check out your Etsy shop to seeeee…

Jessica
    January 24, 2011 at 8:41 am

I&#39;ll vouch for the Shout Color Catchers too, I never wash a quilt without one since I ruined one about two years ago.<br />I&#39;m loving your red and white banner, I think I need to make one too!

amy smart
    January 24, 2011 at 10:18 am

Yes! I totally agree with all the Shout Color Catcher love. I&#39;d never heard of them until I had the disaster with that red bird fabric – I used them for the first time trying to salvage that quilt and they worked!! Now I throw them in with every quilt as an insurance policy just in case.

Beverly @ FlamingoToes.com
    January 24, 2011 at 12:09 pm

Your pennant is so sweet! I love those fabrics!<br />I am stopping over form Quilt Story – I&#39;m one of the other judges and I had to come over and say hi! πŸ™‚ I Checked out your tutorials and saw so many great projects. So I&#39;m following along now! So glad I found you. πŸ™‚

Nanette Merrill and daughters
    January 24, 2011 at 1:30 pm

very very cute, I&#39;m making 2 baby quilts kind of like this.

Julie
    January 24, 2011 at 3:27 pm

I love the look of the fireplace, pilows so cute, the banner, and the cute baby quilt. You are amazing I love it. You are the best. I finally washed the quilt today…it went well, looks great.<br />love Julie =)

Quiltstory
    January 31, 2011 at 12:59 am

As alway, so adorable. Love the pennant!!

Sharon
    February 11, 2011 at 7:38 am

I bought your valentines pennants from your etsy shop &amp; got them in the mail. Thanks! Would love to know how you put yours together. Do you use a second layer of fabric under the triangles?

Sharon
    February 11, 2011 at 9:10 am

Hi! I&#39;ve been following your blog lately &amp; love all you do. I bought your valentine&#39;s triangles from etsy &amp; I&#39;m wondering how your put yours together. Do you use a second layer of fabric under the patterned fabric?<br /><br />Thanks!