Sandy Klop/American Jane Trunk Show Part 2

I’m glad you enjoyed the first part. It’s nice to bond with all you other Team Sandy members out there. I can’t say I did anything to merit this opportunity – just sheer luck that the owner of the shop where I work happened to invite my favorite designer to her annual retreat!
Ready for Part 2? We now return to the Sandy Klop Trunk Show already in progress.
This quilt is called Folk Art Fancy and the pattern is available at the American Jane Shop as are the patterns for all the quilts in this post. This quilt was made from blocks from an exchange and Sandy’s stash.
This beauty is a mix of prints from Building Blocks Basics and Peas and Carrots fabric collections.
Here’s a close up of some of the prints and details.
(Look at that cute Pez fabric.
Word from Sandy: Moda is going to reprint!)
This one blows my mind a little. It’s HUGE. But I love it. And Peas and Carrots is probably one of my all-time favorite collections.  I made a Peas and Carrots quilt myself, but it’s nothing compared to this baby.
 Four on the Floor from the Look and Learn collection.
 I’m sad I only have this blurry picture of one of my all time favorites of Sandy’s quilts, Merry Go Round.
Here’s a close up.
 Pretzel Party
 Black Diamond made with Recess fabric collection.
 Triple Crown made with Sandy’s Recess collection.
 Wagon Wheels made from Sandy’s Happy Camper collection.
I also love the View Master quilt made from the panel from Happy Camper.
This applique quilt, Mothers and Daughters was also made with the Happy Camper fabrics.
This quilt is called Oh My Stars and is 94″ square!
It was made with star blocks from a quilt exchange as well.
Around the Block made with Sandy’s Punctuation collection.
(Again, sorry, not the greatest photo.)
 French Country made with Le Petit Poulet collection
 Crosswise made with more Petit Poulet
Party in the Hen House
This is a Block of the Month quilt called Playtime.
Another Block of the Month Quilt called Alphabet Quilt.
Whew! I feel like I’ve sprinted to the finish. That is definitely most of the quilts Sandy brought but not all. I’m glad you liked them too. I just love the colors especially – the bright, primary colors feel so classic.
I have one of Sandy’s books American Jane’s Quilts For All Seasons: And Some for No Reason.  I love it, if only for the cover quilt alone, but it is full of goodness. And I was kicking myself for not bringing it with me to have her sign it.
So I purchased the Merry-Go-Round pattern (which I’ve been meaning to do for a while now)
and she graciously signed the cover. I think I’ll frame it. :)

This really was a dream come true. I am trying to think how many quilts I’ve made with Sandy’s fabrics – at least a dozen, if not more. Every time one of her collections hits the shop where I work, I always ask to make the sample for the store. (And my boss kindly obliges.)

Many thanks again for coming Sandy!  I think every person there thoroughly enjoyed her. She was so much fun.  And hopefully she doesn’t think I’m some crazy stalker. (Which, okay maybe I am, but I don’t want her to think that.)

Comments

Now my desire to make Merry Go Round is in high gear. Her quilts are amazing. I feel very self satisfied that I have had/do have most of those prints in those quilts and could try to recreate a lot of that loveliness. Thank you so much for sharing!

How amazing! Thanks so much for sharing. As a beginner, I marvel at the confidence with color and at the clever combination of blocks. Very cool! (Geez, that was alot of words that start with c!)

Amazing quilts! The colors, styling and the incredible piecing. Awesome! I have used her fabrics in lots of quilts and have a pile of her patterns too, time to get them out I think. Thanks for sharing with us.

This is so inspiring! It makes me want to dig through my scrap box! This lady uses my kind of color pallet. I love all her quilts!

I'm so glad you took the time to take so many great photos and blog about them! Admittedly, I'm a little bit pea green with envy that you got the firsthand view of her quilts, but these posts are making for some serious eye candy.

Thank you so much for sharing your photos and comments with us…I love Sandy Klop fabrics and hadn't realized how many great patterns she has. I will definitely go to any program she offers near me! Glad her pez fabric is making a comeback…it's one of my favorites.

So cool, and thank you so much for sharing! An extra thanks for sharing the Pez news! Did she give any hint as to when? 😀

How wonderful! I so enjoyed your virtual trunk show! She is such a great designer. I think Recess is my all time favorite. I have a box of carefully hoarded scraps still that I can&#39;t bear to actually use. I do pull them out frequently and admire them, though! <br /><br />Thanks so much, you lucky ducky!

Thank you so much for sharing. I LOVE her fabrics and designs. I made a quilt for my Dad using her fabrics, and he loves it, because it is cheerful.

These quilts are absolutely gorgeous!!!! I love, love them! I really want to create a queen size quilt so badly but I am so afraid..I have only made a doll quilt and it turned out all right considering I didn&#39;t know what I was doing,LOL.<br /><br />But would love to make one of this caliber!

In the very last picture you show a quilt made from the Punctuation line, with the letter panels. I just made this quilt for a friend&#39;s baby, and Oh My Goodness I LOVE it! I will be posting it on my blog tomorrow, so stop on by and take a look!<br /><br />Happy quilting!<br /><br />www.skippitydodahquilts.blogspot.com

Serious quilt retreat envy. I love that Merry Go Round Pattern too :) I&#39;ve been making a mini version with a jelly roll of Look and Learn and Wee Play but only did 2 strips instead of 3… Might have to do a makeover with Punctuation. Love Sandy Klop a bunch. Thanks for sharing all those wonderful pics!

Oh wow Amy! :o) Those quilts are stunning!! And you are such a lucky girl to have your picture taken with Sandy and even a little hand written note on your pattern. :o) I would frame it too. :o)<br />Have a nice weekend.<br />Sincerely, Trish

Thank you for sharing these photos, I LOVE Sandy, she&#39;s awesome with a capital A. I have the Black Diamond pattern all ready to go, just have to start it, this post made want to break it out today :)

Hi Amy<br />I am trying to decide what pattern to make when Sandy comes to my quilt guild this summer. I have made Triple Crown and Merry Go Round… please tell me what ones are on your must do list (suggestions)!