St. Patrick’s Day and other March stuff

In honor of St. Patrick’s Day I am reposting my Irish Flags quilt. This is probably one of my all-time favorite quilts I’ve ever created.  I made it last year for the baby of my sweet Irish friend who passed away. You can read more about that story here.  Hooray for Ireland.
A little story about this cute little pile of fabric: After seeing this St Patrick’s Day table runner made by Tricia I thought, I’m a March birthday girl, I really should make a St. Patrick’s Day table runner.  Well it never happened, mainly because I just didn’t have the right green in my stash to pull it off.
So yesterday I had a big run to make to the Post Office.  In order to bribe my 4-yr-old to cooperate with that plan, I promised him a stop at the Library afterward.  It was such a great March-ish day outside: sunny with a breeze, felt like real spring.  And there just happened to be a cute little quilt shop across the street.  It was so nice outside that I nonchalantly proposed a little jaunt across the street to look at the fabric. He was in an especially good mood (and distracted) because we found a Star Wars picture book at the library, so he agreed. We had a lovely time strolling through the sunny shop, looking at fabric, discussing the genealogy of Bobba Fett, and there was the perfect green!  So now I am armed for next year.
It’s from the Hoop Dots collection by Hoodie for Blank fabric.  Also I love the peas! They’re from Veggie Patch by Hoodie for Blank fabrics. I think I need to go back and get the tomatoes.
And briefly, while we’re on the topic of March, I have to share what my mother-in-law sent me for my birthday. Pyrex!! I’ve been itching to find some pyrex with turquoise. It’s so elusive – I only have one piece with snowflakes. I love this one.  Yay! Thank you Rosemary!

Comments

May you have:<br />A world of wishes at your command<br />God and his angels close at hand<br />Friends and family their love impart,<br />And Irish blessings in you heart.<br /><br />Happy St. Patrick&#39;s Day!

May you get all your wishes but one,<br />So you always have something to strive for. <br /><br /><br /><br />Have a wonderful birthday month! I am a sucker for Pyrex! Enjoy!<br /><br />www.skippitydodahquilts.blogspot.com

Oh the Irish quilt is so beautiful! I&#39;m so sorry to read about your friend&#39;s passing. I&#39;m sure her baby will treasure it all of his life. Our Father in Heaven loves his children so much to provide a way for us to be with our families forever, so that no matter the struggles and heartbreaks we experience here on Earth, we have eternity to look forward to.

Hey kiddo…happy green day to you too! I have nary a speck o&#39;Irish in me but I am wearing the green since hubby…and of course kiddies have a bit of the blarney in them!:)<br /><br />Great find MIL!! Now that I know you love the turquiose I will get my flea market going parents on the hunt!:)<br />xoxo

I&#39;m a March Birthday girl too! Love the Irish Quilt and sorry to read about your friend&#39;s passing. Hope there is plenty more turquoise pyrex in your future!

I am spanish girl and my english is very very bad. I love your blog and i want know in this quilt what fabric you use to do…i like very much and i must to do a baby quilt whit orange and green fabric… this is my email beiker31@yahoo.es<br /><br />And this is my blog lasanuskas.blogspot.com<br /><br />thanks