St. Patrick’s Day and other March stuff

In honor of St. Patrick’s Day I am reposting my Irish Flags quilt. This is probably one of my all-time favorite quilts I’ve ever created.  I made it last year for the baby of my sweet Irish friend who passed away. You can read more about that story here.  Hooray for Ireland.
A little story about this cute little pile of fabric: After seeing this St Patrick’s Day table runner made by Tricia I thought, I’m a March birthday girl, I really should make a St. Patrick’s Day table runner.  Well it never happened, mainly because I just didn’t have the right green in my stash to pull it off.
So yesterday I had a big run to make to the Post Office.  In order to bribe my 4-yr-old to cooperate with that plan, I promised him a stop at the Library afterward.  It was such a great March-ish day outside: sunny with a breeze, felt like real spring.  And there just happened to be a cute little quilt shop across the street.  It was so nice outside that I nonchalantly proposed a little jaunt across the street to look at the fabric. He was in an especially good mood (and distracted) because we found a Star Wars picture book at the library, so he agreed. We had a lovely time strolling through the sunny shop, looking at fabric, discussing the genealogy of Bobba Fett, and there was the perfect green!  So now I am armed for next year.
It’s from the Hoop Dots collection by Hoodie for Blank fabric.  Also I love the peas! They’re from Veggie Patch by Hoodie for Blank fabrics. I think I need to go back and get the tomatoes.
And briefly, while we’re on the topic of March, I have to share what my mother-in-law sent me for my birthday. Pyrex!! I’ve been itching to find some pyrex with turquoise. It’s so elusive – I only have one piece with snowflakes. I love this one.  Yay! Thank you Rosemary!

March 17, 2011 at 6:23 am

May you have:<br />A world of wishes at your command<br />God and his angels close at hand<br />Friends and family their love impart,<br />And Irish blessings in you heart.<br /><br />Happy St. Patrick&#39;s Day!

March 17, 2011 at 6:27 am

Happy birthday month to you and what a lovely Pyrex dish that is. I LOVE the birds!

March 17, 2011 at 6:33 am

May you get all your wishes but one,<br />So you always have something to strive for. <br /><br /><br /><br />Have a wonderful birthday month! I am a sucker for Pyrex! Enjoy!<br /><br />www.skippitydodahquilts.blogspot.com

March 17, 2011 at 7:16 am

Oh the Irish quilt is so beautiful! I&#39;m so sorry to read about your friend&#39;s passing. I&#39;m sure her baby will treasure it all of his life. Our Father in Heaven loves his children so much to provide a way for us to be with our families forever, so that no matter the struggles and heartbreaks we experience here on Earth, we have eternity to look forward to.

Lauren P
    March 17, 2011 at 9:00 am

I love your Irish quilt!

March 17, 2011 at 9:04 am

Hey kiddo…happy green day to you too! I have nary a speck o&#39;Irish in me but I am wearing the green since hubby…and of course kiddies have a bit of the blarney in them!:)<br /><br />Great find MIL!! Now that I know you love the turquiose I will get my flea market going parents on the hunt!:)<br />xoxo

March 17, 2011 at 11:19 am

Happy Birthday Amy!

March 17, 2011 at 2:35 pm

the ireland quilt is one of my favorite quilts of all time.

March 17, 2011 at 2:55 pm

What a touching story and how sweet that you were mission companions.<br />As hard as her passing is, we know that all is well:)

Evelene S
    March 17, 2011 at 4:50 pm

Lovely post today and I love the Pyrex dish. Happy Birthday month and St. Patrick&#39;s Day!

March 17, 2011 at 5:01 pm

I&#39;m a March Birthday girl too! Love the Irish Quilt and sorry to read about your friend&#39;s passing. Hope there is plenty more turquoise pyrex in your future!

March 17, 2011 at 5:27 pm

I am spanish girl and my english is very very bad. I love your blog and i want know in this quilt what fabric you use to do…i like very much and i must to do a baby quilt whit orange and green fabric… this is my email beiker31@yahoo.es<br /><br />And this is my blog lasanuskas.blogspot.com<br /><br />thanks

Mel and Angus
    March 17, 2011 at 9:14 pm

I knew Sarah too. In fact, Chris is a very good friend of ours. I have seen your quilt but did not know the story behind it though. Nice quilt!

March 18, 2011 at 9:30 am

Too funny that you mention my runner today. I was just uploading pics of the Banner I made to match this runner. http://www.flickr.com/photos/46194824@N03/5537029373/