April Fools and other fun stuff

I just had to share a quick little April Fool trick I’m going to play on my kids today. This may look like a nice little glass of punch, but really, it’s Jello. (mwahahah.) I found it at Tipjunkie. (Yay for creative people on the internet!) Can’t wait to get the kids’ reaction. Because I know it’s going to be good. How do I know? Because I never remember to plan anything good for April Fools day.  So they’ll never suspect anything.

My poor kids – sometimes I feel bad that they have such a boring mom. At least I’m not the only one around here who forgets important things. Like the Toothfairy. She is a total space cadet. And those stupid Leprechauns who forgot to buy Lucky Charms for St. Patrick’s day. Loosers. At least Santa seems to have his act together.

In other news (that is not an April Fools Joke) the kits for the pinwheel quilt are finally available at American Quilting as are a few others you can see at the American Quilting blog. Call 801-802-7841 to order any of them.

Comments

I guess that makes me one of those boring Mom's too. Ha, Ha, … I always see all those cute april fool's meals and think, "Who has the time?" Maybe one of these years I'll get into the swing of things.

Hahaha! Not so boring now! If I had kids, they&#39;d be so bored with me cos I grew up without all these holiday things and it still never occurs to me to do anything to celebrate.<br /><br />And the quilt is just gorgeous! No joke! :)

Bwhahahahaaa….love the frothiness around the edges!<br /><br />I emailed Maria and told her the camera that I was mailing to her (a loaner since her little Elph was stolen and her big one is in the shop) fell on the floor at the post office and broke open….I don&#39;t think she appreciated it!;)

Oh I was a boring mom too (and my kids turned out ok so don&#39;t worry too much!) The tooth fairy would usually arrive at our house when the kids were eating breakfast….<br /><br />the jello juice is too funny.

I am laughing so hard becasue that cup looks just like the cups I gave to my first graders today! I do this every year and they love it! When my kids where little I would always wake them up by cooking a dinner for breakfast– etc. hanburgers and fries They still laugh about it.<br />Joyce

That&#39;s great. I feel like my kids have a borring mom too as I am not one to &#39;play&#39; like I should. But hey, how many kids these days can say they know how to quilt right?

Amy….I love that joke! What a great idea. And I don&#39;t even want to hear about the tooth fairy or leprechauns being spacey because I think you are A.M.A.Z.I.N.G.!!!! :)

I am totally doing that next year. The tooth fairy around here is always a day *or two* late, and leprechauns seem to skip our house? What? Anyways, don&#39;t feel bad, at least they get dinner and clean clothes (and sometimes at my house that can be hard enough!)

My parents are foreign-born, so they didn&#39;t do April Fool tricks or tooth fairy gifts, that&#39;s my excuse for not doing it for my kids, and I&#39;m sticking to it! Fortunately for my grands, my daughter-in-law is over the top with this kind of thing!! But I&#39;m now old and don&#39;t feel guilty anymore.

Oh, my gosh! The tooth fairy is a total flake at our house too. Sometimes she has to sneak in while the kids are eating breakfast, after the tooth has been under the pillow for like a week.<br /><br />LOVE that pinwheels kit. Absolutely gorgeous! Do you work at American Quilting? I should come in and see you some time! Love that shop, just don&#39;t get there very often.<br /><br />xo -El