22 In kits/ motherhood

April Fools and other fun stuff

I just had to share a quick little April Fool trick I’m going to play on my kids today. This may look like a nice little glass of punch, but really, it’s Jello. (mwahahah.) I found it at Tipjunkie. (Yay for creative people on the internet!) Can’t wait to get the kids’ reaction. Because I know it’s going to be good. How do I know? Because I never remember to plan anything good for April Fools day.  So they’ll never suspect anything.

My poor kids – sometimes I feel bad that they have such a boring mom. At least I’m not the only one around here who forgets important things. Like the Toothfairy. She is a total space cadet. And those stupid Leprechauns who forgot to buy Lucky Charms for St. Patrick’s day. Loosers. At least Santa seems to have his act together.

In other news (that is not an April Fools Joke) the kits for the pinwheel quilt are finally available at American Quilting as are a few others you can see at the American Quilting blog. Call 801-802-7841 to order any of them.

The WoodLand School
    April 1, 2011 at 12:59 pm

I *love* this prank!!!

Mauri
    April 1, 2011 at 12:59 pm

I guess that makes me one of those boring Mom's too. Ha, Ha, … I always see all those cute april fool's meals and think, "Who has the time?" Maybe one of these years I'll get into the swing of things.

Stray Stitches
    April 1, 2011 at 1:16 pm

Great prank!

A Plain Path
    April 1, 2011 at 1:31 pm

Lump me in with boring. haha!! I do like this prank.

Christine
    April 1, 2011 at 1:57 pm

Oh, this is a cute one! Hope they enjoy their "punch".

notes of sincerity
    April 1, 2011 at 2:06 pm

Oh what a cute trick! I did not do anything for today either (sniff).

John'aLee
    April 1, 2011 at 2:14 pm

Love, love that quilt!

Blue Is Bleu
    April 1, 2011 at 2:47 pm

Hahaha! Not so boring now! If I had kids, they&#39;d be so bored with me cos I grew up without all these holiday things and it still never occurs to me to do anything to celebrate.<br /><br />And the quilt is just gorgeous! No joke! 🙂

Leila
    April 1, 2011 at 3:39 pm

This afternoon I turned on the sink to get a glass of water and got sprayed! Crazy kids!

DeeRoo
    April 1, 2011 at 4:20 pm

Bwhahahahaaa….love the frothiness around the edges!<br /><br />I emailed Maria and told her the camera that I was mailing to her (a loaner since her little Elph was stolen and her big one is in the shop) fell on the floor at the post office and broke open….I don&#39;t think she appreciated it!;)

Last Minute Mel
    April 1, 2011 at 4:38 pm

I just made some jello &quot;juice&quot; for the kids for dinner…I love your quilt work – very inspiring 🙂

Cheryl
    April 1, 2011 at 4:55 pm

Now that&#39;s a great April fools prank!! Love that quilt.

Diane
    April 1, 2011 at 4:57 pm

Oh I was a boring mom too (and my kids turned out ok so don&#39;t worry too much!) The tooth fairy would usually arrive at our house when the kids were eating breakfast….<br /><br />the jello juice is too funny.

joyce
    April 1, 2011 at 8:22 pm

I am laughing so hard becasue that cup looks just like the cups I gave to my first graders today! I do this every year and they love it! When my kids where little I would always wake them up by cooking a dinner for breakfast– etc. hanburgers and fries They still laugh about it.<br />Joyce

Evelene S
    April 1, 2011 at 11:38 pm

I love it-the prank and the quilt.<br />Going to email this to my daughter definitely next year&#39;s April Fools prank.

Sarah Craig
    April 2, 2011 at 4:38 am

What a great idea! I&#39;ll definitely keep it in mind for next year!!

Angie
    April 2, 2011 at 6:59 am

That&#39;s great. I feel like my kids have a borring mom too as I am not one to &#39;play&#39; like I should. But hey, how many kids these days can say they know how to quilt right?

Aimee
    April 2, 2011 at 10:58 am

Amy….I love that joke! What a great idea. And I don&#39;t even want to hear about the tooth fairy or leprechauns being spacey because I think you are A.M.A.Z.I.N.G.!!!! 🙂

Heather
    April 2, 2011 at 4:26 pm

I am totally doing that next year. The tooth fairy around here is always a day *or two* late, and leprechauns seem to skip our house? What? Anyways, don&#39;t feel bad, at least they get dinner and clean clothes (and sometimes at my house that can be hard enough!)

Crystal
    April 2, 2011 at 10:06 pm

You are hilarious! The tooth fairy is a total space cadet at our house too!

Brita
    April 3, 2011 at 5:44 am

My parents are foreign-born, so they didn&#39;t do April Fool tricks or tooth fairy gifts, that&#39;s my excuse for not doing it for my kids, and I&#39;m sticking to it! Fortunately for my grands, my daughter-in-law is over the top with this kind of thing!! But I&#39;m now old and don&#39;t feel guilty anymore.

Elizabeth
    April 3, 2011 at 8:34 am

Oh, my gosh! The tooth fairy is a total flake at our house too. Sometimes she has to sneak in while the kids are eating breakfast, after the tooth has been under the pillow for like a week.<br /><br />LOVE that pinwheels kit. Absolutely gorgeous! Do you work at American Quilting? I should come in and see you some time! Love that shop, just don&#39;t get there very often.<br /><br />xo -El